Pillar Hotels and Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Worst Company To Work For Ever

Former Employee - Guest Services
Former Employee - Guest Services

I worked at Pillar Hotels and Resorts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pros at all!!! Can' t find one.

Cons

They will work you to the bone and give you a 10 cents raise every year.My job was guest services and we would end up doing eveything a lot of times.And didn't get appreciated at all. When you try to tell them, they really do not care.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts (View Most Recent)

rough pay hard work for non management

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

discounts on hotels and a very great 401k plan

Cons

every hotel is different and so is every boss but what ive found about the company is there not afraid of paying minimum wage or close to it and they have a weird pay setup if your in banquets. Also hard to move up in rank.

a hotel could not function without their employees especially front line employees who are the face of the comapny and deal and service guests all day. You focus on guest satisfaction but you dont even consider your employees if you pay minimum wage (or close to it then you will get minimum effort) which equals upset guests. Up the pay for your frontline employees it isnt gona kill you to pay 2 bucks more an hour and if it does then your doing something wrong then arnt you if all you can afford is minimum wage.

This is Hospitality Management on a micro-management level !!!!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are in need of employers to fill open positions constantly... they hire for short periods to contain their costs.

Cons

They have a large staff/ turnover in the non-exempt management level. This leads to higher stress and less positive change for the company as a whole.

I know their is a "hands-off" approach when it comes to human resources. This leads to less development and higher costs to Hire and advertise and train new employees. I think there should be more oversight of each General Manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts