Pillar Hotels and Resorts

www.pillarhotels.com

Nice in-chain benefits, but frustrating management to work with

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) Erie, PA

ProsAmazing employee discounts when it comes to travel within the chain that I worked in (Hilton).

ConsInept management who are irresponsive to employee and hotel needs.

Management seemed to have no understanding of appropriate scheduling and would have too few people on days when there was a plethora of incoming/outgoing guests, and too many staff on days that were slow.

Expects front desk to run the entire hotel after 5pm, regardless the number of incoming guests and how much laundry was dropped by housekeeping just before they leave for the day.

Management frequently left by 5pm and did not seem to have an accurate picture of what 2nd shift actually was like...which may have led to the lack of appropriate scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you have adequate coverage so that you aren't burning out your staff by expecting one front desk person to run the entire hotel when you have a full-house and had 20+ checkouts, meaning the front desk person is also responsible for doing all the laundry as well. Hire someone specifically for laundry so as to ensure that incoming guests are able to be adequately served and not splitting the focus of the front desk agent between responsibilities that should be covered by housekeeping, maintenance, as well as the main responsibilities of the front desk.

Not a rewarding company for People of Color

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible scheduling with work hours when needed Cons: NO people of color in ANY level of management on the local or corporate level People of color are only hired for housekeeping and maintence Front office/desk… Advice to Senior Management: Require management to recieve cultural competency training Require mangement to know principles of leadership and staff development Require input from front… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, strong team culture

General Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Pros: Pillar is still a relatively young company and has experienced some growing pains over the years. From my perspective the company has learned from… Cons: I think Pillar is held back by its relationship with Archon Hospitality which owns most of the hotels Pillar manages. Archon wants nothing more… Advice to Senior Management: None at this time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pillar Hotels and Resorts.

Worked for Pillar Hotels and Resorts? Contribute to the Community!