They do what they say they will

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager  in  Lake Havasu City, AZ
Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

I was told that if I was successful at my first assignment they would move me out west and they did. You always know where you stand. There aren't any surprises. The 401k match is good and I'm looking forward to my Partners in Profit pay out. This is a family business that became big, but still has the family business mentality. Senior management know me by name, and some even know and care about my family. The first time I met Jimmy Haslam, after six months of employment at a training session in Knoxville, he asked me how my wife, son, and horse were adapting to our new home. He has thousands of employees, yet he knew that about me. My direct supervisors know and care very much about my family, interest, and my career. They are insightful and compassionate.

Cons

168 hours a week of operations can be a challenge at first, however once your team is developed life is good.

Do not lose the family business mentality no matter how big the company get's. Continue the focus on health and wellness. These things matter.

Other Reviews for Pilot Flying J

A family ran business that has sports atmosphere making you want to excel in your position to help the TEAM be the best.

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

Pilot Flying J allows me to have a positive impact on several team members from the person with there first job in the industry all the way to the person that's looking for a quickly growing career.

Cons

It's a job that has both mental and physical challenges which some individuals aren't used to being held accountable for there performance.

Keep pushing forward towards the Driver Driven culture as we're in this business to take care of customers, and keep rewarding those that have the biggest impact on customer service.

It started out great but all went downhill fast.

Current Employee - Cashier, Maintenance, Coffee Host  in  Fairview, TN
    Current Employee - Cashier, Maintenance, Coffee Host in Fairview, TN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

Job keeps you busy.
    Some coworkers are nice.
    The occasional manager is honest and kind.
    Pay raises are ok most of the time.

Cons

Promised promotions that you never receive.
    Worker's compensation claims are handled poorly. Don't hear back about them for almost a month.
    Talked down to by senior management.
    Made to feel obligated to work almost to death even after a serious life-threatening illness.
    Management is the cause of much of the gossip and drama in the store.

Be fair and honest.
    Do not promise what you will not deliver.
    Give promotions and raises to those that deserve it and not your favorites who constantly call out or cause storewide drama.

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J.

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!