There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

They do what they say they will

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ
Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

I was told that if I was successful at my first assignment they would move me out west and they did. You always know where you stand. There aren't any surprises. The 401k match is good and I'm looking forward to my Partners in Profit pay out. This is a family business that became big, but still has the family business mentality. Senior management know me by name, and some even know and care about my family. The first time I met Jimmy Haslam, after six months of employment at a training session in Knoxville, he asked me how my wife, son, and horse were adapting to our new home. He has thousands of employees, yet he knew that about me. My direct supervisors know and care very much about my family, interest, and my career. They are insightful and compassionate.

Cons

168 hours a week of operations can be a challenge at first, however once your team is developed life is good.

Do not lose the family business mentality no matter how big the company get's. Continue the focus on health and wellness. These things matter.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J (View Most Recent)

A family ran business that has sports atmosphere making you want to excel in your position to help the TEAM be the best.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

Pilot Flying J allows me to have a positive impact on several team members from the person with there first job in the industry all the way to the person that's looking for a quickly growing career.

Cons

It's a job that has both mental and physical challenges which some individuals aren't used to being held accountable for there performance.

Keep pushing forward towards the Driver Driven culture as we're in this business to take care of customers, and keep rewarding those that have the biggest impact on customer service.

Fast paced, technical cash register work.

Current Employee - Cashier in Weatherford, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Weatherford, TX

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

You develope good money handling skills very quickly do to the amout of cash handeled. Training is adiquite for the position.

Cons

Your expected schedule can sometimes be over bearing and some employees are not in it for the team, just for a pay check.

Better compensasion and benifts would be ideal, the work can be demanding and tricky at times. Would like to be promomted more quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J