There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Impressed with how fast this company has expanded in many areas and adjusted to perfection on the fly!

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Monroe, MI
Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Monroe, MI

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

Compensation
Advancement Opportunities
Fulfilling obligations they say they will
Senior Management knowing who you are
Respect
Loyalty
Trustworthy
Fun
Growth

Cons

To achieve a great running store or restaurant you have to be able to ajust to the mental and physical attributes that the job brings. But once you have your well trained staff on board the job is absolutley wonderful and the results are fantastic of running a great unit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. They do what they say they will

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

I was told that if I was successful at my first assignment they would move me out west and they did. You always know where you stand. There aren't any surprises. The 401k match is good and I'm looking forward to my Partners in Profit pay out. This is a family business that became big, but still has the family business mentality. Senior management know me by name, and some even know and care about my family. The first time I met Jimmy Haslam, after six months of employment at a training session in Knoxville, he asked me how my wife, son, and horse were adapting to our new home. He has thousands of employees, yet he knew that about me. My direct supervisors know and care very much about my family, interest, and my career. They are insightful and compassionate.

Cons

168 hours a week of operations can be a challenge at first, however once your team is developed life is good.

Advice to Management

Do not lose the family business mentality no matter how big the company get's. Continue the focus on health and wellness. These things matter.

2. A family ran business that has sports atmosphere making you want to excel in your position to help the TEAM be the best.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J

Pros

Pilot Flying J allows me to have a positive impact on several team members from the person with there first job in the industry all the way to the person that's looking for a quickly growing career.

Cons

It's a job that has both mental and physical challenges which some individuals aren't used to being held accountable for there performance.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward towards the Driver Driven culture as we're in this business to take care of customers, and keep rewarding those that have the biggest impact on customer service.