There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Low wages, unreasonable expectations

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  South Bend, IN
Current Employee - Maintenance in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits for part time employees.

Cons

Hourly wages are low, and work load is high for maintenance personnel.

Get some real expectations for your employees, we're not robots.

211 Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J (View Most Recent)

A waste of time

Former Employee - Cashier  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier in South Bend, IN

I worked at Pilot Flying J part-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly there's really not to many good things to say about this workplace

Cons

Working here you really have to watch your hours on your pay stud because they are good for paying people the wrong amount of money, the managers talk down to you if your not in good with them, and they are the cause of 90% of the gossip which is sad, be prepared to be in a popularity contest, since the over turn is so high and people can get moved up in the company there's alot of backstabbing, I know some reviews say that you can get moved up quickly but in reality the regular employee get paid the same amount as the shift leader 7.25, so your not getting a pay raise your just getting more hours and demands, through my experience the employees are more rude then the customers, which is ironic bc you will get rude customers as well, the training is horrible and the demand is extremely high so expect to have to learn things on your own, which causes alot of tension at the job, you have to front face all your bills in your drawer, write on all your voids and suspended transactions what happened, clean showers and bathrroms bc maintenance always need help or sometimes aren't there, call and activate checks and people credit cards ect. sometimes working a 8 hour shift as the only cashier, now ask yourself do u want to go through all that for little pay, another thing is that pilot is not flexible and there student reinbursement is not up to par, if you ask for time off they tell you the week of if you can get the time off or not, after asking two or more weeks in advacnce bc they don't have to approve your time off and they schedule weekly, for the student reinbursement you have to be full time worker for over a year and have a certain amount of hours & gpa, and you still might not get any reinbursment which makes it impossible to achieve, they would let credit collecters or any one garnish your checks, the health benefits only apply to you if your breathing pilot flying j, bottom line if your trying to support a family off this company it would be a waste of time, p:s if your in Indiana and want to work at pilot beware bc there are some prejudice people who work there, just for the heads up

The training is horrible for all the information that ya'll require the employees to learn, the managers and shift leaders are extremely rude and cut throat, I read some reviews and they said the same thing, pfj need to be more aware who's running there store and stop giving the position to just anybody, being rude to your workers is not a good look esp for 7.25

Employees treated with total disrespect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Haw River, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haw River, NC

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pros for me with this job are..my fellow employees...meeting new people daily..and having a job.The pay is not sufficient for what is expected of employees.

Cons

My supervisor at the Haw River Flying J speaks to all employees with total disrespect..ex.screaming,yelling,cursing,.

Corporate needs to speak to all employees about their experiences with management at this location...9 employees walking out in less than 6 months should speak volumns.

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!