There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Great Company with Great Benefits

Current Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with them for 11 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else. I'm a retail guy and I must say there is no beter retail job. The benefits are very good and the salary is very competitive to big box retailers. If you like not killing yourself on holidays and black Fridays then you need to come work for us.

Cons

It is a 24 hour operation and call offs happen. You need to be willing to take care of business when duty calls

220 Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J (View Most Recent)

Worse place I've ever worked, very degrading

Former Employee - Low Level Manager in Port Huron, MI
    Former Employee - Low Level Manager in Port Huron, MI

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers talk down to you in front of other employees and customers, they have a no facial hair policy but my female RGM has a beard. The list goes on.

Cons

Crap management training they tell you about imortant things but never teach you. no job shadowing
    benefits are crazy expensive @ 129.00 per week.

Speed of service is important but so is quality of service. Customers don't want to be rushed anymore than they want to be delayed.
    Passive aggressive actions by upper management creates a hostile work environment. Hence the actions by the opening RGM at store #596 and when I said something to her manager I was let go.

First 15 years were good - then all down hill after the recession.

Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay as a General Manager...decent benefits...Years ago they cared about you as a person and respected family values.

Cons

Life/Work balance very poor...Micromanage you to death...It was all about suggestive selling the last 3-4 years...When times are tough you cant pinch dollars out of every customer - they only lightened up on the staff because of customer comments on facebook and via corp website.

Stop driving all year experienced staff out the door just to save money...drop the promote from within since you dont...stop being so greedy...

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J