Pilot Flying J

www.pilotflyingj.com

First 15 years were good - then all down hill after the recession.

General Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood pay as a General Manager...decent benefits...Years ago they cared about you as a person and respected family values.

ConsLife/Work balance very poor...Micromanage you to death...It was all about suggestive selling the last 3-4 years...When times are tough you cant pinch dollars out of every customer - they only lightened up on the staff because of customer comments on facebook and via corp website.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop driving all year experienced staff out the door just to save money...drop the promote from within since you dont...stop being so greedy...

This company has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth that has slowly began to erode the lining in my stomach.

Retail Cashier (Current Employee) Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I've made 2 very good friends while working for this… Cons: Since our company was taken over, workers that have been employed for years have suddenly become seen as incompetent and obsolete. Pay raises are… Advice to Senior Management: We have 2 general managers at our store, but somehow our store is among the worst managed i've ever seen. The problem is that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company to drive for

Fuel Driver (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros: Regular hours Good benefits Stable company Cons: Pay slightly lower than average More

There are newer reviews on Pilot Flying J.

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!