Pilot Flying J

www.pilotflyingj.com

This company has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth that has slowly began to erode the lining in my stomach.

Retail Cashier (Current Employee) Texarkana, TX

ProsI've made 2 very good friends while working for this company.

ConsSince our company was taken over, workers that have been employed for years have suddenly become seen as incompetent and obsolete. Pay raises are almost nonexistent, and promotions go to the worst possible employees, who, by the way, receive very little training. The worst part is, former full time employees are stripped of their hours, forced to work only 3 or 4 days, but the company keeps hiring new employees, intentionally reducing the number of hours available for each employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have 2 general managers at our store, but somehow our store is among the worst managed i've ever seen. The problem is that both GMs are so concerned that the other might receive a moment of recognition that the other does not, or that one may get a smile from corporate management that the other misses, that they cannot manage effectively. Our night shift team is a mess, and coming from one who has had the task of managing that shift, I can honestly say it is not the fault of the lower management team. They can only do so much with what they are given, but they carry the blame if anything goes wrong. It does not take a genius to figure out that with 2 GMs, one should always be available to work nights. This will avoid any uneducated finger pointing when something is not done because it is very easy to blame someone else for their perceived shortcomings when you have never tried to work their position.

Good company to drive for

Fuel Driver (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros: Regular hours Good benefits Stable company Cons: Pay slightly lower than average More

Good not Great

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Findlay, OH

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good retirement plan, competitive salaries, great structure to the company. … Cons: A few managers are not very flexible in adapting to new ways… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pilot Flying J.

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!