Pilot Flying J

www.pilotflyingj.com

Worse place I've ever worked, very degrading

Low Level Manager (Former Employee) Port Huron, MI

ProsManagers talk down to you in front of other employees and customers, they have a no facial hair policy but my female RGM has a beard. The list goes on.

ConsCrap management training they tell you about imortant things but never teach you. no job shadowing
benefits are crazy expensive @ 129.00 per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed of service is important but so is quality of service. Customers don't want to be rushed anymore than they want to be delayed.
Passive aggressive actions by upper management creates a hostile work environment. Hence the actions by the opening RGM at store #596 and when I said something to her manager I was let go.

First 15 years were good - then all down hill after the recession.

General Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay as a General Manager...decent benefits...Years ago they cared… Cons: Life/Work balance very poor...Micromanage you to death...It was all about suggestive selling the last 3-4 years...When times are tough you cant pinch… Advice to Senior Management: Stop driving all year experienced staff out the door just to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This company has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth that has slowly began to erode the lining in my stomach.

Retail Cashier (Current Employee) Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I've made 2 very good friends while working for this… Cons: Since our company was taken over, workers that have been employed for years have suddenly become seen as incompetent and obsolete. Pay raises are… Advice to Senior Management: We have 2 general managers at our store, but somehow our store is among the worst managed i've ever seen. The problem is that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pilot Flying J.

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!