There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

This is a great company

Current Employee - Travel Center Manager
Current Employee - Travel Center Manager

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked here for over a year and have been treated very well. The team members work great together and most everyone works hard. I see a lot of unhappy employees on this site and I have something to say to them; get a new job if your not happy. It's true you have to work hard at Pilot, but this a business not a daycare. I enjoy going to work and I try to make sure we have some fun while working hard. It really all depends on the management. Attitude is everything.

Cons

Sure I would love to have more payroll, but who wouldn't? These are tough times we are in and you have to be thankful for what you have.

Keep on truckin'

211 Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J (View Most Recent)

Not good

Current Employee - Co Manager
    Current Employee - Co Manager

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was good but that is. Changing

Cons

I have worked there for 2 years with excellent ratings and a record year for sales and profit at my location. I was rewarded by having my job eliminated and no place left for me after being told for the past 6 months I was being promoted. This company is dumping there talented employees for $12 per hour managers. Not a good company to work for. I have wasted the last 2 years there. If your considering this company just keep looking. No future there.

You get what you pay for

Promises you a lot, Delivers little

Current Employee - Hourly Manager
    Current Employee - Hourly Manager

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid on time, some great customers and some great employees, not much else

Cons

Horrid hours, expected to do too much with not enough people, my store runs bare bones when it comes to staff, staffing levels: Midnight Shift 2 people, Daylight Shift GM, Cashier, 1 Coffee Host, 1 Maintenance (sometimes a second for an overlap of a few hours at best) and a few deli employees. Afternoon Shift 1 Shift Manager 1 cashier, 1 Maintenance (again sometimes and over lap of a few hours with 2) 1 Deli person, sometimes the RSS and GM are there for a few hours. I understand the business of making money, and i do see them putting money back into the business in some ways. staff is treated as slaves expected to do anything and everything for very little money. Moral is in the toilet, scheduling is a joke, if you have a family or a life outside of work forget it. Worked many weeks on all three shifts and usually still have a turn around of less than 8 hours. Nit pick on numbers, we can be running $1000 under budget and still get yelled at for a few hours of OT, If you don't want OT put more people on shift.

Take care of your employees better, a few extra people on some shifts won't kill you

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!