There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

It was rewarding, educational and enlightening.

Current Employee - Cashier in Eloy, AZ
Current Employee - Cashier in Eloy, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got paired with an excellent crew that made working fun. Most of the people on my team were motivated to accomplish more than the minimum. The management encouraged friendly competition when pushing two-fers and valued personality, accountability, and integrity.

Cons

Customers were occasionally jerks, but nearly all of the drivers were good-natured, friendly people making a living.

Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J

1. E. E. O. C Here I come

Current Employee - peaon for pilot in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - peaon for pilot in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers are the best! They really appreciated all the hard work I put into my job for them.

Cons

In all the years I have worked I have never been so discriminated against. The manager openly plays favorites. You can only be promoted if Mgr. likes you . Then he will basically hold your hand and coddle you through your job so you look good to the regional mgr. And if necessary will do some of your work and talk you up so that you look better to the regional. Mgr has told other employees that will not promote someone because of medical condition and age.!!! So E.E.O.C. Here I come with proof!!!!!! Every day I work harder and more complete for the company then the person that was promoted! !!!!!

Advice to Management

Give raises where deserved, pay what you promise don't cheat an employee after you have them doing the job and reprimand managers and regionals for telling lies and cheating employees on what they really deserve !!!!

No ethics, very poor management, and terrible employee policies.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithton, PA

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time

Pros

You meet a lot of new people and can genuinely improve their day, good coffee and a good food discount.

Cons

They do not respect scheduling limitations at all so don't use this as a second job. There is no ethics among the management, unsanitary policies in the kitchen, impossible to get a day off even with a medical excuse, expect to be abused by management, the benefits do not meet the government standard. There was no team effort and one person would be scheduled for a three person shift and it would be expected that they do the work of all three. Part time workers are worked 50+ hours a week and not given over time or moved up to full time and many times I have witnessed coworkers work 24 hours straight through and employees are often required to work during breaks.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to step up and enforce employee rights and treatment on a store to store level and implement policies that work.