Pilot Flying J

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Restaurant work OKAY, Store side probably better

Current Employee - Cashier in Cordele, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Cordele, GA

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pilot Flying J is a large corporation that takes wages, hours, and business operation seriously . Although they are primarily a minimum wage corporation, at least for the restaurant in Pilot Flying J for which I work, I hear cashiers for the store side are paid better. It's probably nicer and less stressful over on the store side as well, although you have a constant influx of customers. My experience must not be much different from a stand-alone restaurant, although there is the occasional interaction between us on the restaurant side and those on the store side. Overall, it is a job, and there are much worse places to work.

Cons

They are heavy on suggestive selling, making it feel like you've always got to pester every customer for every penny, instead of allowing you to really focus on the one true thing that matters - SERVING THE CUSTOMER! The one thing about Pilot is that they are money-Mizars; you will not ever get overtime, and there have been many occasions we just did not have enough employees to handle business.

Be a leader in charisma, positivity, effort, discipline, cleanliness, pride yet humility, chivalry, upkeep, and leadership.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J (View Most Recent)

Fast paced and never boring

Current Employee - RGM in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - RGM in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good opportunities for advancement. Company rewards achievement and gas an awesome bonus program

Cons

Typical retail challenges but nothing that can't be overcome with a little creativity and hard work

Good when I started

Former Employee - Co Manager in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Co Manager in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bonuses, Co workers, Meeting New people

Cons

As my time there went on, i realized the fast service was not true. They don't like lines but give you enough cashiers, 1, so you are continuously stopping managing the place so you can wait on customers. You are required to work 10 hour days as salary position. No problem. But after cashiering for 10 of those, now you need to get the manager part done when you should be going home.

Stop being so damn greedy. Our store was making money hand over fist yet we were always short staffed. You burned me out.

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J