There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Restaurant work OKAY, Store side probably better

Current Employee - Cashier in Cordele, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Cordele, GA

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pilot Flying J is a large corporation that takes wages, hours, and business operation seriously . Although they are primarily a minimum wage corporation, at least for the restaurant in Pilot Flying J for which I work, I hear cashiers for the store side are paid better. It's probably nicer and less stressful over on the store side as well, although you have a constant influx of customers. My experience must not be much different from a stand-alone restaurant, although there is the occasional interaction between us on the restaurant side and those on the store side. Overall, it is a job, and there are much worse places to work.

Cons

They are heavy on suggestive selling, making it feel like you've always got to pester every customer for every penny, instead of allowing you to really focus on the one true thing that matters - SERVING THE CUSTOMER! The one thing about Pilot is that they are money-Mizars; you will not ever get overtime, and there have been many occasions we just did not have enough employees to handle business.

Be a leader in charisma, positivity, effort, discipline, cleanliness, pride yet humility, chivalry, upkeep, and leadership.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fast paced and never boring

Current Employee - RGM in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - RGM in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities for advancement. Company rewards achievement and gas an awesome bonus program

Cons

Typical retail challenges but nothing that can't be overcome with a little creativity and hard work

2. no opportunity

Current Employee - Maintenance in Salina, KS
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Salina, KS

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the flying J where I work there is no pros oh wait just this out of every employee that is there only 5 really do there work

Cons

the head manager is lazy, he have his favorites pets he will not give you a promotion unless you are a woman and white...He will not get rid of his lazy staff that do not do their work but take credit for other peoples work

find a new manager