There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

A Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Shift Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my time with this company. The wage was competitive and I was treated well. The only reason that I left was because I was offered a store manager position with another company. Looking back at it, I wish I would have stayed and rode out my time to become manager with them.

Cons

Second shift for this position. The restructure of the company made it slightly more difficult to advance.

211 Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J (View Most Recent)

Don't work here.

Former Employee - Cook  in  Lebanon, IN
    Former Employee - Cook in Lebanon, IN

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing. The company is a complete joke.

Cons

Management is rude to workers. I worked in kitchen, and I was expected to do literally 3 different jobs at the same time. For the work I did, being paid minimum wage wasn't going to cut it. They would also schedule me closing the kitchen one night, then come in at 5 the next morning. Happened quite a few times. Also they're a fraud, I couldn't fill out my taxes with my W-2 from there, never got it. I called many times to talk to the manager, he was "not there" every time. Called the IRS, they sent them a notice to send me a W-2 but I still didn't get it and called back and the IRS never even got my W-2 when I started working. I even had extea taken out of my paychecks, and never got any of it back. Getting paid was either being sent to a card they give you or direct deposit, so there wasn't really much proof of you working there unless you could show when you got paid but on the bank statements it doesn't show up as Flying J and you never got a pay stub. Wasn't just me they scammed out tax money from, I was told about other people having it happening to them as well.

Change everything.

Great growth opportunities for hard workers

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Pilot Flying J full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast-paced, high volume business. If you are a hard worker, then we develop you & continue to train you as you advance up the ladder. You must be a go-getter.

Cons

Must be able to persevere & work long hours. You must be highly energetic.

Senior mgmt is willing to listen to ideas that come from the field . They even hold sessions asking how they can improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

Worked for Pilot Flying J? Contribute to the Community!