Pimco

www.pimco.com

Hard to Advance

(Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsLocated in a great area in Orange County. I made some of my best friends working there. There is opportunity to work in global offices but it can be political. Benefits are great and if people like you they are willing to help.

ConsThe running theme is that teams are run too thin, company is very lean and doesnt pay well, at all. Very difficult to advance even when well liked becuase you don't learn very much outside of the scope of your role, sometimes even if you ask. Frequently, employees quit and get training elsewhere and then comeback or go to MBA school and then come back.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganizational structure is not set up well and it would be wise to restructure roles to give younger employees more opportunity for internal growth.

Tough Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Pimco

Pros: Generally very sharp people in investment teams, comp is very… Cons: Non investment professional management is very poor, esp. In IT group. Culture has deteriorated as company has grown over last 5 years becoming bloated, very… Advice to Senior Management: Need better managers not just bright people to balance the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good top management team, lousy IT Department.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pimco

Pros: Decent pay. World class bond investment and management. Cons: It is not up to current IT technologies; keep using old… Advice to Senior Management: Need to restructure the IT Department from ground up. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pimco.

Worked for Pimco? Contribute to the Community!