Pimco
www.pimco.com Newport Beach, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Amazing company ideals, brilliant colleagues, Lean teams often lead to long hours.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pimco full-time for more than a year

ProsPIMCO will take care of you if you can put in the hard work and long hours. They are the best of the best and this is reflected in their expectations.

ConsInter-team dependencies and inefficient means of communication can cause projects to have insufficient time and resources. Long hours and lots of stress, not sure if Newport Beach is worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are very talented people at PIMCO. Let them use their expertise to build great things.

Horrible trade floor for new MBAs

Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)
Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Pimco full-time for more than a year

Pros: Prestige name brand. open office Cons: Having to be at the office at 4am every day. Politics Difficult to move up unless you are really good at politics Not a performance based culture unless… Advice to Senior Management: change the culture of the trade floor back to how it was 20 years ago.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Incredibly fast-paced work environment.

Associate (Former Employee)
Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Pimco full-time

Pros: Some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet. Employees really do go out… Cons: Lean organization leads to an additional workload. If you're not looking for a fast-paced environment, PIMCO is not the place for you. I think a… More

There are newer reviews on Pimco.

Worked for Pimco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pimco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pimco CEO Douglas M. Hodge. All reviews posted anonymously by Pimco employees.