There are newer employer reviews for Pinkberry

Great coworkers, fun environment, but bad management

Current Employee - Team Member in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Team Member in Providence, RI

I have been working at Pinkberry part-time (more than an year)

Pros

coworkers are friendly/mostly around the same age group
free small yogurt as your shift meal every shift
20% discount

Cons

i am assuming (or hoping) that this is just at my location: scheduling is terrible. overstaffed, no room to get more hours unless someone wants you to cover their shift. the manager doesn't listen to you when you tell them your availability. the schedule never rotates, you basically work the same shift the same day of the week as you did the week before. so for me that means closing. i close three nights a week and work harder than everyone else and no one notices. i have never received one swirly achievement since i've been working here and the same people always get them. management plays favorites. at my specific location we hired extra people for the holidays, and the manager is giving them more hours than the people who have been working there since the beginning.

also, if you aren't working a closing shift and it isn't insanely busy, you will almost definitely get sent home early or your shift will be cut all together.

so much pressure to have a scripted conversation with every customer for fear of being secret shopped. i can tell that most customers find this annoying.

break time: if you work anything less than a 5 hour shift, you don't get a break unless it's an emergency. you'll get 10 minutes. in my state, that is against the law (you have to have at least a 15 minute break if you work 4 hours or more) and my coworkers and i have brought it up to our manager and she hasn't done anything about it. you get an unpaid half hour break if you work 6 1/2 hours or more.

hire managers who have respect for team member's outside lives and well-being during work. set specific goals/limits when hiring for each location depending on how busy it is.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Pinkberry (View Most Recent)

High end yogurt

Former Employee - Crew Member in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Glendale, CA

I worked at Pinkberry full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Simplicity and room for promotion.

Cons

High expectations for serving frozen yogurt

Stop favoritism among employees.

Fun, sweet, unique, chiq!!!

Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Pinkberry full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Great Concept/ Product
    - Flexible Hours
    - Clear objectives
    - Great Job for Students
    - Lots of promotions
    - Dedicated customers
    - There's a place for everyone

Cons

- Desperate for a better training system
    - No HR!
    - Terrible hours in the Winter
    - Management doesn't seem to listen to employees
    - Very quick to destroy relationship with customers
    - Very strict about inconsequential details

Don't be so quick to destroy customer's loyalty. Get better uniforms. Get quick about making changes otherwise some stores will be behind this will frustrate customers. Please get an HR department and a suggestion box. Please come up with a better training system, there should be a set system when it comes to rules.

There are newer employer reviews for Pinkberry