Pinkerton Government Services

www.pinkertons.com

Great Employer however........

Security Officer (Current Employee) Niskayuna, NY

Pros-Job description and training are a great enhancement to anyone's resume due to the requirement of a federal security clearance.
-Job is very straight forward and couldn't get much easier (Post Orders are excruciatingly detailed meaning if you mess up your at fault for not taking five minutes to refer to orders.
-Fellow employees are some of the best I could ask for. Everyone looks out for you and never hesitates to explain something to you when asked. In fact they are more than happy to help out.
-Supervisor, however a little off in right field at times, is one of the nicest people I've met being employed anywhere.
-Job advancement. I have to explain this since I came in exactly a year to year and a half before my supervisor is planning to retire. Since other employees are part time or previously

Cons-24hr staffing means around the clock shifts; although shifts are normally set.
-Low man on deck gets 95% back shifts meaning if you had a life and friends you better post pone that for at least 5 years, especially if your co workers are younger.
-Pay mistakes happen quite frequently, such as wrong rate (sometimes in your favor but never against) Can become rather disheartening when pay is 300 difference from check to check.
-Human Resources is absolutely impossible to get a hold of..... as is finance departments, clerical departments, etc...... I've called after opening hours and phones were still set to closed for about an hour. Once I got through I had to go through several full mail boxes to get a oh I have no idea from someone in a completely different department when it was obvious they just asked the person I called (face to face no less who had just ignored repeated phone calls)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. However, I can already see that management elsewhere in the company is no where as great as the management at this site. I would only recommend that orders be implemented with a much stronger hand since most employees have become far too complacent with their jobs.

Good company, poor regional management.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Pinkerton Government Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Plenty of training opportunities. 2 weeks paid vacation. Uniforms provided. Hourly rate slightly above average. … Cons: We are a too-small contingent assigned to a large corporation. 40 to 60 hour weeks. Understaffed. Generally ignored by PGS regional managers.… Advice to Senior Management: Hire and assign regional managers with some people skills. And, promote only employees… More

There's a reason Pinkerton has stood the test of time

Security Officer (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

I worked at Pinkerton Government Services part-time for less than a year

Pros: The culture of professionalism is unparalleled. Pinkerton has a strong… Cons: There are none. Pinkerton employees rest easy knowing their service… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to nurture the traditions of service your predecessors established,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pinkerton Government Services.

Worked for Pinkerton Government Services? Contribute to the Community!