Pinnacle Airlines

www.pncl.com
  www.pncl.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Airlines

This is a bottom of the barrel airline. They work you until you quit if you can afford to do that.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

You have flight benefits. If you do your job well you can do your job and not have management overseeing your day to day.

Cons

You have flight benefits but our seniority is awful. We are the last of the last to get a seat. We are below other company employees buddy passes and retirees. The company opted out of a better flight benefit package. We pay $50 a year to activate and there are no buddy passes. Parents can fly but they pay aprox .09 cents per mile. Other companies have buddy passes and parents fly with no fees. If I could I would go mainline. If I stayed regional I would choose SkyWest. I have met many of SkyWest flight crew and they are happy with the way they are treated. Ask any Pinnacle flight crew and I cannot say I am in the least bit confident you would get a complimentary response.

Pay for first officers and flight attendants are very poor. Flight attendants and a first officer with any family qualify for food stamps, it is very shameful. People should be payed a living wage in this country.

As in all industries in the United States, management is scandalously over payed. Workers are the first to take pay cuts and in a show of good faith and solidarity with the workers management should be the first place hefty cuts are made.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Pinnacle Airlines (View Most Recent)

Great job for building FAR Part 121 Turbine Engine Experience so a Pilot Can move onto another job.

Current Employee - Pilot "Capt CRJ 200" in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Pilot "Capt CRJ 200" in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

Some of the employees at Pinnacle Airlines are outstanding people who are a pleasure to work with. As a line Pilot, you are able to come to work, do your job and go home with little or no contact from Management. You are basically in charge of your own work day which gives a sense of freedom compared to working with other employers.

We have a new CEO, who seems to care and make a difference at Pinnacle Airlines.

Cons

Since the Merger Northwest and Delta Airlines followed by the merger of Colgan and Mesaba Airlines there are not many Pros to working for Pinnacle Airlines Inc.

Pinnacle Pilots wages are barely industry average at the Regional Airline level and management is now looking for a permanent 5% pay cut from all Pilots and Flight Attendants who make anywhere from 15 to 20k per year.

Pilot and flight attendant schedules "lines" constructed poorly. There is no reason a Pilot should fly an aircraft for 7:59 minutes, with a 13:25 minute duty day after having only 9 hours on the ground with maybe 6 or 7 hours of sleep if they are lucky. Overall Pinnacle Airlines is not a safe operation and they exploit their current employees instead of hiring more pilots to run a safer operation with well rested crew members. This will not change until Pinnacle Airlines puts another aircraft into the ground due to Pilot Error caused by Fatigue.

In regards to Maintenance Issues, the company would rather defer an item and allow the aircraft to fly if it is legal, versus taking the time to ground the aircraft and remedy the issue. One example would be the Thrust Levers that are worn out causing the engines to spool up at different speeds causing tendencies to yaw, or other control issues during take-off and landing.

Treat your employees with dignity and respect. Allow them to stay in nicer hotels with shorter duty days. Treat your employees like adults versus high school kids who need a chaperone. Pinnacle Crew members work very hard and should be paid much better than they currently are. If Pinnacle were a better place to work, employees would try much harder to save the company money and go out of their way a bit more when needed. Most important, Pinnacle needs to reduce the schedule load on their current employees. Any Scheduled duty period over 11 hours is not an acceptable way to do business.

its a pretty good job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

it can e fun and the travel experiance is amazing it makes me wanna shout

Cons

i want to get paid i need some money so nothing personal but i have to find more green you know what i mean

There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Airlines