This Place Made Me Miss Colgan

Current Employee - Flight Attendant/Aircraft Dispatcher
Current Employee - Flight Attendant/Aircraft Dispatcher

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My paycheck usually cleared on time; having a job in a negative environment was better than not having a job at all.

Cons

My biggest complaint stems around the extremely negative atmosphere at the airline. Anytime one walks into a crew room or the SOC the complaining is constant - it's heard everywhere. Unfortunately, most of the complaints are valid. Coworkers can commiserate, but ultimately can't seem to work together on the same team. Pilots complain about line maintenance, dispatchers complain about pilots, flight attendants complain about scheduling ... and EVERYONE complains about management - which is a valid complaint. When Pinnacle snatched up Colgan and Mesaba things got worse...I never thought I'd see the day that I missed Colgan, but from the minute I was transferred to the Pinnacle side of the operation I begged to go back to good old 9L.

Advice to Management

Get your act together - don't turn your back on your pilots/flight attendants/dispatchers/maintenance workers who are the backbone of your company. You couldn't do it without them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

While the opportunity to be an airline pilot is incredible, Pinnacle treats its employees horribly.

Current Employee - First Officer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - First Officer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flying airliners is fun, especially CRJ900s (which will be Pinnacle Airline's only fleet in about 1-2 years based on its new air service agreement with Delta). There is the opportunity to build hours of experience, to be able to move on to other airlines if they hire. Flight benefits are great for those that love to travel. I wish I could be more positive, I really would like to be, but there just isn't enough there to be positive.

Cons

Pinnacle Airlines is a very punitive company that treats its professional employees as if they were badly behaved primary students. There is also little movement. Becoming a Captain as a pilot is the best way to gain the experience to move on, but after half a decade, most pilots are still First Officers, and many are still on reserve. With the planned shrinking of the fleet, this will get worse.

Advice to Management

Hire managers throughout the company with masters degrees in aviation operations management, listen to what they have to say, and manage the airline properly. Additionally, treat the professional employees within the airline as professionals that are vital to success and safety, not as small children.

2. Great coworkers, everything with mgmt and corporate is a giant mess with nobody being accountable.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing crewmembers and use to have great benefits including health insurance but that's all going away with the new TAs

Cons

You can't get any answers from corporate regarding leaves, pay mistakes, schedule errors, etc... I spend my entire leave trying to get the things I needed and had questions of how it worked and nobody could answer them and didn't know who I could talk too. We (crew) are people too and should be treated with respect. Crew scheduling went through a phase of constantly lying and hanging up on us. Per our contract I'm required to talk to you and you made the mistake so don't hang up on me!

Advice to Management

Base mgmt is drowning, hopefully the recent changes help, crew scheduling has improved (thank you!) but we are living in poverty so please consider this as your cutting insurance, crew pay, vacation and holiday pay, those who did the job for the love of it are being forced to quit and your going to be stuck with employees who can't get any better and will cause the company to continue to go under as they have no passion and respect.