This Place Made Me Miss Colgan

Current Employee - Flight Attendant/Aircraft Dispatcher
Current Employee - Flight Attendant/Aircraft Dispatcher

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My paycheck usually cleared on time; having a job in a negative environment was better than not having a job at all.

Cons

My biggest complaint stems around the extremely negative atmosphere at the airline. Anytime one walks into a crew room or the SOC the complaining is constant - it's heard everywhere. Unfortunately, most of the complaints are valid. Coworkers can commiserate, but ultimately can't seem to work together on the same team. Pilots complain about line maintenance, dispatchers complain about pilots, flight attendants complain about scheduling ... and EVERYONE complains about management - which is a valid complaint. When Pinnacle snatched up Colgan and Mesaba things got worse...I never thought I'd see the day that I missed Colgan, but from the minute I was transferred to the Pinnacle side of the operation I begged to go back to good old 9L.

Advice to Management

Get your act together - don't turn your back on your pilots/flight attendants/dispatchers/maintenance workers who are the backbone of your company. You couldn't do it without them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great coworkers, everything with mgmt and corporate is a giant mess with nobody being accountable.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing crewmembers and use to have great benefits including health insurance but that's all going away with the new TAs

Cons

You can't get any answers from corporate regarding leaves, pay mistakes, schedule errors, etc... I spend my entire leave trying to get the things I needed and had questions of how it worked and nobody could answer them and didn't know who I could talk too. We (crew) are people too and should be treated with respect. Crew scheduling went through a phase of constantly lying and hanging up on us. Per our contract I'm required to talk to you and you made the mistake so don't hang up on me!

Advice to Management

Base mgmt is drowning, hopefully the recent changes help, crew scheduling has improved (thank you!) but we are living in poverty so please consider this as your cutting insurance, crew pay, vacation and holiday pay, those who did the job for the love of it are being forced to quit and your going to be stuck with employees who can't get any better and will cause the company to continue to go under as they have no passion and respect.

Once was a family....

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines (More than 8 years)

Pros

In 2004 we were a family that took pride in our company. I looked forward to going to work to see my friends. I took pride in our company by putting on my uniform and getting people where they needed to go.

Cons

Family has been destroyed by greed and selfishness. Love has been replaced by distrust. Faithful employees have lost their fire for the job and for the company.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees - we are the company. Take your greed and hatefulness some other place . What we the employees of Pinnacle want is our company back. If you take care of the people we will take care of the customers. The customers will take of us. People. Service. Profit.