Very Supportive, Progressive Company that cares

Current Employee - Food Service Manager Healthcare in Edison, NJ
Current Employee - Food Service Manager Healthcare in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

The management of this company really invests the time and money in developing its managers. I started as an assistant and with coaching and training was promoted to a directors position. At all times I felt I had someone to turn to. I wish all companies respected their employees the way Pinnacle does. Great company to watch on the radar!

Cons

They really try to satisfy their customers and at times creates difficulty for facility managers although this may also bee seen as a positive in the eyes of the customer.

Advice to Management

Invest in more marketing materials to get the word out faster. You have alot to offer, just need to make the healthcare operators aware of us!

reviews filtered by
  1. Almost like indentured servitude.

Current Employee - Food Service Director
    Current Employee - Food Service Director

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

Wonderful concepts for business model. Behind the scenes support was always available. Basic formulas for successful operations at job. Company staff always available for PR work.

Cons

Can not keep promises to customers. Expectations of management to work very long hours. Quality control measures inconsistent. Always trying to do more with less faster. Not always thorough in production. Not always willing to see the project through from beginning.

Advice to Management

Take more time to get to know your managers strengths and weaknesses. Give more support unconditionally to management and follow up with that support. Try not to give up on management too quickly.

If you want to go on unemployment, work for them

I worked at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

in theory, pinnacle has nowhere to go but up, with a lot of advancement opportunities

Cons

they are unorganized & are way too quick to fold to client whims instead of having a backbone & support management. They use you & when you are wrung out like a sponge they get rid of you for no reason. In the 18 months they have been in ooperation, at least 10 highly qualified, competant managers have been replaced for flimsy reasons.

Advice to Management

Stop taking people out of established careers only to get rid of them in 3-6 months. In this economy, it's no joke to have to look for a highly compensated position. Hire entry level managers whose careers won't be adversly affected & you can use them to your heart's content.