There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Entertainment

Inviting, great co-workers and excellent career growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Pinnacle would be the Benefits Package, Employee Discounts, Career Advancement and Competitive Pay. There is also an open-door policy and management is very open to hear from employees at any time.

Cons

Some cons would be those that are common in any similiar business which would include: working in smoke-filled environment and occassonally having to deal with unruly customers.

reviews filtered by

Many years of confusion. It is not WHAT you know, but WHO you know.

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment

Pros

Line level co-workers are great. There are some food and drinks provided. This year we did have some company wide activities that were fun. We also started a softball team. We are TRYING to standardize all properties. It is slow going, but It is coming along.

Cons

Sub-par benefits. Promotions, salaries and new hires are not based on job knowledge or experience, but on who you know. This has led to MANY upper management lay-offs that actually knew what the job entailed. People are walking on eggshells waiting for the next round of lay-offs

Pinnacle touts an Open-Door policy but there is no designated HR employee relations manager. As an employee, if there is a problem, there is no one to escalated your questions or concerns to. We only have HR Benefits workers, which are helpful with Benefit questions, but not much else.

I remember when EVERYONE at corporate received a bonus, not just salaried employees. This practice lowers moral and productivity.

We NEED a HR Employee Relations manager at the corporate office, not just at the properties!

If you don't have friends in high places forget about fairness

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment

Pros

Work life balance - can work from home if needed. ER paid life/disability, some free food items, well-recognized company name.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant, senior leadership is arrogant, condescending and some are unqualified to lead. There is a lot of unfairness in promotion, salaries, and growth opportunities. Their is a clear disconnect and bias to "Directors and Above". Basically, if you're a Manager or below you're chopped liver.

Hire and promote based on ability and not on personal relationships. Take classes on what true leaders do, how they behave to inspire their employees so that you actually qualify for the position you have. Find out what the company needs before making changes only to realize failure.

There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Entertainment