Not bad

Current Employee - Security Officer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Security Officer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an ok job, most people are friendly. Managers in my department micro-manage and breathe down your neck.

Cons

pay, no shift differential, favoritism

Advice to Management

get a life.

Other Employee Reviews for Pinnacle Entertainment

1. Inviting, great co-workers and excellent career growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Pinnacle would be the Benefits Package, Employee Discounts, Career Advancement and Competitive Pay. There is also an open-door policy and management is very open to hear from employees at any time.

Cons

Some cons would be those that are common in any similiar business which would include: working in smoke-filled environment and occassonally having to deal with unruly customers.

Many years of confusion. It is not WHAT you know, but WHO you know.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Line level co-workers are great. There are some food and drinks provided. This year we did have some company wide activities that were fun. We also started a softball team. We are TRYING to standardize all properties. It is slow going, but It is coming along.

Cons

Sub-par benefits. Promotions, salaries and new hires are not based on job knowledge or experience, but on who you know. This has led to MANY upper management lay-offs that actually knew what the job entailed. People are walking on eggshells waiting for the next round of lay-offs Pinnacle touts an Open-Door policy but there is no designated HR employee relations manager. As an employee, if there is a problem, there is no one to escalated your questions or concerns to. We only have HR Benefits workers, which are helpful with Benefit questions, but not much else.

Advice to Management

I remember when EVERYONE at corporate received a bonus, not just salaried employees. This practice lowers moral and productivity. We NEED a HR Employee Relations manager at the corporate office, not just at the properties!