Great place to work

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Focused on employee satisfaction and good fit into team and. Ompany, so much fun, management is great

Cons

Very large workload, gaming systems are hard to work with, not concerned with work life balance

Other Employee Reviews for Pinnacle Entertainment

Pinnacle seems to forget to take care of its own in its quest for rapid expansion.

Current Employee - Database Marketing Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Database Marketing Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lower level management is encouraging and sincerely interested in their employees' improvement within the company. Teams function as teams and not as individuals, which greatly improves the office environment.

Cons

The company hired me because they were relocating the southern team. They insisted that there would be huge opportunity for growth. Now that they have acquired another company, they have decided to relocate once again, eliminating my position in my current city. Aside from this, I personally feel that I am underpaid as I was a recent graduate, and we are asked to work as much as 20 and 30 hours of overtime with no additional compensation.

Advice to Management

Relocation is not the solution to every operational and strategic issue. If something isn't working, consider asking lower level employees why they feel like it is not working, instead of letting upper level management decide to eliminate an entire team's jobs so that they can keep a closer watch on the department.

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Service/Front of House in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Service/Front of House in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Casino business is Fun, Up Beat, Booming, Challenging and a Great Place to Work if you're the right type of person. Pinnacle Entertainment's company culture is one of the Best I've worked with in 10 different jobs with some major corporations. Employees are well treated and taken care of and appreciated and awarded often. Excellence in Customer Service is of course a huge focus, all employees from the bottom to the top are empowered and encouraged to do whatever it takes to help, assist, satisfy, and offer service above and beyond. With hundreds of different positions to fill in all aspects of the Casino, Hotel, Restaurant, Marketing, Facilities, Service, Security, & other areas, there are positions for just about anyone who wants to work. Employees are encouraged to try for other positions that interest them and can usually transfer between departments and even locations.

Cons

It is a 24 / 7 / 365 business and getting a shift that suits a previous 9 to 5 M-F mentality isn't easy, be prepared to accommodate and acclimate to something new. Be also prepared, if you're in a "Front of House" customer visible position, to meet every varied segment of the population at large, all at once, everyday. Rich, Poor, Old, Elderly, Young, Crazy, Sane, Handicapped, Foreign, Nice, Sweet, Demanding, or what have you; they'll all be there and they'll ask you questions or tell you their life stories, or demand and complain or just maybe even complement you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! There's always something to be Improved upon and I find it great that Management at all levels Knows This, Asks the Employees, Listens to them and Acts in mostly Positive ways. Any time and every time you come hang out with the hourly employees, work with us, and chat with us it is noticed, appreciated, and positive.