tremendous growth potential as a company

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Director in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

comfortable work environment
smart people
lean organization, quick decisions
solid management team
increasing stock price
everyone is heard
access to top management

Cons

not much work being demonstrated in career development
succession planning is not shared with the employee
company is relatively young
concentrate too heavily on hiring talent with food experience vs. good solid experience in CPG

work on employee retention

Other Reviews for Pinnacle Foods

Manager

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods

Pros

The people are great and very talented

Cons

Very lean organization that needs more resources

Educational, and crazy-making

Former Employee - Associate Technologist  in  Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Associate Technologist in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Pinnacle Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some very dedicated, honest, and personable people here who were great to work with. Also, the many product lines that Pinnacle holds make it a great place to learn more about the food industry, how things are manufactured, etc. at only one company. Work is fast-paced and challenging and staff is lean, so you will get to wear many hats and make do with what you have to complete projects on a short timeline.

Cons

- Managers were often so overbooked (in meetings, with travel) that they couldn't manage their teams or even projects as well as desired. I myself was often in enough meetings I could not effectively get much actual lab work done due to the time demand and the breakup of the day.
         - Data entry took up much of my time as a product developer, rather than actual product development.
         - Project leaders would often fail to be decisive, leading to changing priorities, shifting timelines, drifting goals, and general poor execution.
         - Item/formula database was riddled with outdated info and errors that were the responsibility of the finder to fix - people seemed to develop selective blindness to avoid having to address issues themselves, and those who strove for accuracy were driven INSANE.
         - Very stressful environment with pressure to perform in areas not directly related to product development (data enty, PO requisitions, etc.); there was a feeling that one should always be going the extra mile (working through lunch, staying late) to complete project goals, all the time, no matter how unrealistic. I can accept a limited duration of "crunch time," but "crunch time" never seemed to stop!
         - I felt like we were always putting out fires, without being able to take time to prevent them in the first place - often because we were too busy putting out fires. So frustrating!!!

- Encourage/allow project managers to make decisions without fearing retribution; perform post-project reviews with all levels to find out what went well and what went badly.
         - Let database be managed by a designated team to increase consistency and take some of that tedium from the plate of developers.
         - Evaluate if a meeting is REALLY necessary for all attendees.
         - Encourage/allow employees to develop within and beyond their roles, and managers to recognize and discuss their goals and how to reach them.

There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Foods.

Worked for Pinnacle Foods? Contribute to the Community!