There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Foods

Stress

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is good. Many great people to work with on a daily basis.

Cons

Too much is controlled from corporate. Local plants need to make simple decisions on their own instead of a one size fits all approach. Corporate doesn't give us the resources we need to do our job properly. Emphasis is on cutting cost and that over rides all else.

You are losing good people every week. Don't bleed to death. They are NOT replaceable as easily as you think. People want transparency, positive feedback, and appreciated for contributions. Your culture at corporate is offensive to the people on the front lines managing this business and making you money.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Pinnacle Foods (View Most Recent)

Management creates a hostile work environment

I have been working at Pinnacle Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Can make good money with the long hours and overtime.

Cons

Management needs to go to school to learn how to get people to work for them, being a hard ass is not the way to get people to work for you, you must first create a pleasant work environment and then and only then will you get 100% production from people. New management don't have a clue as to how things work in this work environment.

Maybe they need to read a few good books on managing or people interaction?

Great people to work with, leadership needs major help and a clue

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Pinnacle Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked with great people, we all got along wonderfully. I did learn a lot about the industry and my particular job over the years.

Cons

The leadership changed over the years from bad to worse. At first I had high hopes for the new CEO, we went from a lousy office building to a new modern facility. Then everything changed. More focus on money making rather than quality products. Poor decision making and even lack of decisions being made is constant. Too many chefs spoil the soup. Timelines are a joke, no one seemed to care how long it takes to make the actual project, just how fast it could take to make it. Lack of morale for employees, one office treated better than the other by special perks. My department in particular was looked down upon and instead of management supporting us, we were constantly made to feel we weren't doing that much better.

Poor decision making and misleading information kills employee morale. Treating one group better than the other is horrible business practice. Follow the process you developed and stop trying to go around that same process for a majority of the projects. Having a lean organization is fine, but rather than building the background team, how about building the team who make the products from the ground up. You are losing valuable team players who know the products for what you think is "experience". Most importantly practice what you preach in terms of building a culture of; trust, candor and ownership.

There are newer employer reviews for Pinnacle Foods

Worked for Pinnacle Foods? Contribute to the Community!