Pinstripe

www.pinstripe.com
  www.pinstripe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pinstripe

Listen Up Execs, managers, current employees and potential employees - I have something you need to hear!!!!!

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Brookfield, WI
Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Staff level (non-management) are awesome!!! I met and learned so much from several collegues!
-Company has lots of communication technologies in place for internal collaboration
-Transparent with financial results and WINS and LOSSES
-Company provides some fun activities: holiday parties, jean days for charity, champagne/mimosas to toast new business wins

Cons

-Employee turnover is WILD. I'd pay money to see that attrition data
-Leadership is not collaborative with their teams - my way or the highway approach
-No succession planning - what is my next role? Don't expect one. It's either Recruiter/TAC - this is really sad bc you are losing awesome people
-VPs (not all of them) will talk down to you and make you feel small
-They get rid of the managers who don't conform to what they want - despite them performing
- There are some severe ethical concerns with 1 of the 6 EVPs
- It is managed as if you are replaceable. There is always another person to fill the role - sad
- Management has walked people out of the office in spite
- Compensation vs. hours worked is a disgrace
- Compensation in general is laughable
- Promoting people bc you like them just isn't a solid business decision
- Glorified Management Roles - you don't need 6 EVPs... I mean, come on, guys!

Look at who you have lost in the last 2 years. Do you think those people should have left? What could you do differently? What WILL you do differently? I am not sure you will do anything bc you continue to lose key people! And you continue to lose accounts. Introspection is important - take some time to really do that and listen to your employees. Also, stop getting rid of and scaring off the good people. Understand who you have leading your company at all levels of management....

41 Other Employee Reviews for Pinstripe (View Most Recent)

REPOST! A great recruiting 'bootcamp'- work environment is not sustainable long term

Former Employee - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Pinstripe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was extremely disappointed to see that this post had been removed, because it is a solid, and accurate account of how Pinstripe works. ***Listen up HR and Executives***- because this is what every employee wants to say to you! Kudos to the person who originally posted it; There are several people who'd like to buy you a drink!

-Staff level (non-leadership) are amazing and incredible-- lots of teamwork and camaraderie among regular employees
    -Teams are kept very small (which is good and bad) but the good part is that you learn a lot in your role
    -Regular all company meetings conducted by leadership let you as an employee feel 'in the know' with financial results and company performance
    -Company provides some fun activities like picnics, holiday parties, jean days for charity, champagne/mimosas to toast new business wins

Cons

-Leadership is overworked, and since they are, most don't care if you as an employee are overworked too
    -You will be overworked from the day you start to the day you give your notice-- especially on teams where the budget isn't properly managed, budgets on accounts weren't sold in properly, or your in a Shared Service/Operations role, which aren't revenue generating.
    -Tons of employee turnover (voluntary)
    -New client implementations are generally handled extremely poorly so client launches are a mess and a disaster for the teams coming into them. LOTS of turnover in the first couple months of new client launches before stabilization
    -You cannot get a raise to save your life unless you tell them you have another job offer-- then they'll come up a little with a counter offer, but it makes you as an employee feel terrible that you have to threaten leaving to get the market pay rate you deserve
    -You never know if employees who get promoted are actually promoted because they've threatened to leave and/or have been terribly unhappy, or if they actually were rewarded with success (This is beyond true!)

I cant lie, I learned an immense amount of information and training in my time at Pinstripe. And I met some of the best people there, that could never be replaced. But at the end of the day, you have to know when you deserve more. Don't take everything at face value, because those you trust the most to be looking out for you and your career, are the first to turn their back on you.

-Stop overworking your employees and reward them with a competitive salary and benefits and you'll likely see decreased voluntary turn over-- especially since so many employees leave to go to your competitors

Senior Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pinstripe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A ton of flexibility and great work life balance

Cons

It was challenging the first few days that I started training virtually.

Love the flexibility that you offer which creates a great home life for myself and my family.

There are newer employer reviews for Pinstripe