There are newer employer reviews for Pinterest

Amazing Place to Work

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pinterest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- small company and team size
- open and transparent work environment
- great managers that give me the autonomy to do what I need
- perks like free food and transportation help

Cons

- expensive parking in the area

25 Other Employee Reviews for Pinterest (View Most Recent)

Great Internship Experience

I worked at Pinterest as an intern

Pros

Lots of very smart people. Great culture with motivated engineers that push you hard. High sense of ownership. Good balance of work and fun.

Cons

Young company with a some processes that can be developed. Not as much support as other companies can offer.

Best place I've worked so far

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pinterest as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Pinterest has hired a lot of very talented, passionate people. Everyone in the company seems excited about their work, and the direction the company is going in. The majority of the early engineers are still around, which is think is fairly telling.

There's also plenty of flexibility when it comes to projects. If you can pitch the idea, you can build it. Stuff still happens fast.

The perks are fantastic - I ended up eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the office fairly often, since the food is either catered every day or prepared onsite. There are also frequent team "off-sites", where people take a day off with their team to go do something, like go-cart racing, rock climbing etc.

Cons

Pinterest is in an interesting period of growth right now. The point where everyone in the company knows each other is beginning to fade, so if you're looking for small company it might be worthwhile to consider other places.

I've talked to several people at the company about the future organizational structure, etc. There's this idea about being able to quickly form a team from people across the company for a given project. I think that can be incredibly valuable - different sections of the company operating like a bunch of small startups.

There are newer employer reviews for Pinterest