Pioneer Center for Human Services

There are newer employer reviews for Pioneer Center for Human Services

Former Administration employee

Current Employee - Former Administration in McHenry, IL
Current Employee - Former Administration in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Organization has a good mission, trying to help the unfortunate. MI, Homeless, substance abuse.

Cons

The organizations spend money on things they don't really need, because someone gave them a grant or donation.. Don't plan out more than current year, if that, and is a pipedream.

Get your act together or move on.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Pioneer Center for Human Services (View Most Recent)

Unorganized.

Former Employee - Therapist in Woodstock, IL
    Former Employee - Therapist in Woodstock, IL

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is room for employees to have separate offices, flex hours and benefits.

Cons

There is extreme disorganization, lack of professionalism and therapist burn out. It is basically a medicaid billing mill and the therapy comes second.

Work on team building, improving management communication, focusing on therapy, not scheduling clients back to back and respecting your employee's time.

Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch.

Pros

I work with hard working, dedicated, professional people. My job is rewarding.

Cons

The pay is very low and there are very few raises for the employees who are not in upper management.. We don't even get a cost of living increase. I've been there many years and still make the same.

Get rid of the dead weight at the top. Start with raising the income of those who have been there a while and an annual cost of living increase. It's sad when some of our clients whom we serve are making close to what we make. Upper management is out of touch with our clients and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Pioneer Center for Human Services