Quick hire-in and out!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

It's a crash course in the petrochemical industry. You will more than likely be exposed to all there is to know. There is a lot going on, work is constant and the environment is pretty much laid back. There's not a whole lot of structure within the company. You can usually go where you want when you want. But, this is for those that work in the front offices. The shop is more rigid. Most people make more money than what their position might pay elsewhere because of the mandatory overtime. The work week is 49-52 hours for all employees.

Cons

The downside is poor management. The company is ridiculously micromanaged and ideas and creativity are not welcomed. The owner is set in his ways, he knows all and he does all. This can be quite discouraging because people that like what they do genuinely want to do their jobs and they can't.

Advice to Management

Let go and let people do their jobs

Piping Technology & Products Response

May 6, 2014 – Vice President

Ideas and creativity _are_ welcomed! Email me at rakesh at pipingtech dot com. I'm the owner's son and I'm nothing if not open to good ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Piping Technology & Products

1. A lot of chances

Pros

Work is work. Can't complain, Piping Technology & Products have provided me with lot of opportunities to advance on my personal life and among.

Cons

Lots of overtime, require to work. (Basically, I wouldn't say is a con really, but another pro for the employee to his budget)

Advice to Management

We can improve day by day using strategic methods we the employees have created.

2. Work in many departments providing guidance and support

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Piping Technology & Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity of a lifetime. Personally, I feel like I struck gold in such a competitive industry. You get out what you put in -- some people use this employer as a means to an end rather than a career. I chose the alternative and am very pleased that decision.

Cons

Honestly, I do not have anything to say for cons. I read every negative comment and, based on my observations, will not understand or validate any of them.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I'd like to be one of you sometime very soon.