Piping Technology & Products

Quick hire-in and out!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Piping Technology & Products

Pros

It's a crash course in the petrochemical industry. You will more than likely be exposed to all there is to know. There is a lot going on, work is constant and the environment is pretty much laid back. There's not a whole lot of structure within the company. You can usually go where you want when you want. But, this is for those that work in the front offices. The shop is more rigid. Most people make more money than what their position might pay elsewhere because of the mandatory overtime. The work week is 49-52 hours for all employees.

Cons

The downside is poor management. The company is ridiculously micromanaged and ideas and creativity are not welcomed. The owner is set in his ways, he knows all and he does all. This can be quite discouraging because people that like what they do genuinely want to do their jobs and they can't.

Let go and let people do their jobs

Piping Technology & Products Response

May 6, 2014Vice President

Ideas and creativity _are_ welcomed! Email me at rakesh at pipingtech dot com. I'm the owner's son and I'm nothing if not open to good ideas.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Piping Technology & Products (View Most Recent)

poor place to work

I worked at Piping Technology & Products full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not too many good things to say about this place I worked there for more than a year and it was

Cons

Horrible pay and no leader ship bad management noticeably from the start and no incentives. Many employees complain about the leaders and attitudes of the owners. While there I saw OSHA a few times which is a lot if you ask me.

Worst engineering Job and enviroment

Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Piping Technology & Products full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You hardly will be doing any engineering. As long as you have a degree in engineering you are in, but it'll be like a technical sales/project manager position, quoting and selling units, once sold you get to run around , jumping hoops, to try and meet the shipping deadline (99% of the time it won't by at least 4 weeks) and then you get yelled at by the customer and your manager...not fun. Also expect to get paid a sales salary and work long hours.

Cons

Low salary, long hours, terrible benefits,bad work enviroment, as mostly everyone of your coworkers will tell you it sucks in there and leave after a year or something better (anything really) shows up.

If you need a job take it, but do continue your job search once you are in.

None. They are obviously fine with paying their laborers salaries way below the industry average and the constant turnaround in their employees.
    That's probably the only reason they're still in business with all of the OSHA penalties, lawsuits and so on that they have to pay. That money has to come from somewhere...

There are newer employer reviews for Piping Technology & Products