Heading in a great direction, trying to smooth the bumps along the way

Former Employee - Marketing  in  San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Piqora full-time for less than a year

Pros

The industry is definitely heating up for this product, and I can say from 10+ years of marketing experience that visual web drives unmatched results, and Piqora helps make that work. In the SaaS landscape for these products, Piqora is a star, and that will translate into growth and a successful exit one day. If you want to work on building or selling cutting edge technology, in a pretty fun space, this company is a great option.

Cons

You'll need to bring your thick skin. I've worked in 5 startups. I was lucky to work at one that had a reputation as being the best culture in the valley, and it was. I have also worked at a few that had very painful cultures that are hard to work in. I'd put Piqora in the middle of that scale. It's not an amazing culture, but they're conscious of this and working to improve it. But I can also say I've seen far far worse in companies that still had success. Bottom line, start-ups are hard, and you have to have thick skin and deal with these stresses. If you want rose petals and cookies, you should work at Google. If you want to get dirty, fight, and build something valuable.... consider a startup like Piqora.

You DO need to focus on culture. If you don't, it's gonna hurt. You can't muscle it either, you have to truly care that people are happy, fulfilled, and heard. They're working hard to make you rich... they deserve to at least be happy at work. This is the hardest part of leadership, and if it's not working, or you don't intrinsically posses the skills, consider hiring a person to own this, or damn good consultant to make it happen. Plan to tell new hires how you're addressing this issue, because if they're reading these reviews, they're gonna want to know.

Other Reviews for Piqora

Worst decision ever!

I worked at Piqora

Pros

-I met a great group of talented people.
    -Product has great potential
    -Catered lunch everyday

Cons

-Egoistic upper-management with no leadership traits
    -CEO refers to the women on the sales team as "barbies"
    -Sales quota is unrealistic and unattainable
    -No proper training and poor communication
    -Low team morale
    -CEO refers to his sales team as "F idiots"
    -Upper-managements exact words "We are not looking for people that come here and put their heads down to work hard, we only want good culture fits"...Hmm interesting
    -High turnover

Upper management is a huge joke. In order for you to have a successful company with successful people, you must evaluate whats going on within. It's unfortunate because the product definitely has potential, but the management remains inexperienced and unprofessional.

Big company politics in toxic small company culture

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Piqora full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is on hype cycle, so you get some credibility when you leave / get fired. That's about all I can think of.

Cons

People fight constantly, disagree on direction. Management encourages copying competitors and drives strategy by what others are doing. Clients don't really like us and are fleeing to better products. High turnover, little loyalty.

Stop sucking so much.

There are newer employer reviews for Piqora.

Worked for Piqora? Contribute to the Community!