There are newer employer reviews for PitchBook

PitchBook is a smart, innovative and fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

PitchBook is great because of its people. PitchBook has an amazing product --the PitchBook Platform, an exemplary, award winning private equity and venture capital data resource. The location on Pier 56 is also a Pro. Its open, modern, light filled office space is among the best in town. Another positive is the culture, it is a jungle!

Cons

I wish there was more time in the day to spend with my team. The tea selection in the kitchen is so vast, it is often difficult to choose just one...

Continue to hire great people and make sure that you keep communication top of mind. Let everyone know how hard you are working to make the best even better.

36 Other Employee Reviews for PitchBook (View Most Recent)

Don't be discouraged by the reviews

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. The culture is very young oriented a lot of people I work with are fresh out of college or relatively young. I'm in my early 30's which does make me an "old man" but I'm quite happy at Pitchbook and can speak from experience, I'd would venture to guess a lot of the negativity comes from people that haven't had a lot of real world experience.

The product is a well crafted and very well respected piece of technology. The real appreciation should go to the research team for all their hard work.

The CEO has always been friendly and welcoming to me and has treated me respectfully and fairly.

The team I work on is great, everyone gets along, we work hard and play hard and we all help each other be successful, I enjoy coming to work every day.

There is also a ton of room for advancement I haven't even been at Pitchbook for six months and I am already a tenured member of my team and it's because everyone else has moved to different roles within the company.

Cons

It's a startup, things change very quickly and those at the top are very busy trying to make things work. These can bring on some concerns and some times people come and go but that's just the nature of the start up beast.

Communicate a little better maybe it's just a personal preference, I personally like to understand areas I am excelling in and things I need to improve, so I can help the company improve.

Great environment with opportunities to learn and grow

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am so happy that I decided to look beyond the glassdoor reviews and give PitchBook a shot; I have not been disappointed.

When deciding what makes a company great, I believe there are three key factors:

1. Culture - PitchBook, as many other posts highlight, is a young team of emerging professionals. Overall, the company has struck a happy medium between professionalism and fun while maintaining the start-up vibe. There are monthly events that help to foster the sense of "team" and encourage interaction between departments.
    2. Opportunity - PitchBook promotes internally and accelerates employees into leadership positions. There is opportunity within the company for both personal and professional growth; I have seen dozens of promotions since I started.
    3. Leadership - The leadership team is young and ambitious. From everything I have seen, they are encouraging and supportive of one another and their teams.

Besides the above, PitchBook has developed and amazing product that is changing the industry and that is exciting to be a part of.

Cons

Work/life balance is possible at PitchBook but can be difficult if you are not purposeful about how much you work.

Keep building a great team focused on the success of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for PitchBook