There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

How a Market Leader Dies

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Shelton, CT
Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

The people who actual work there are the best around. There is a lot of work to do. Are cash flow is great. We have the best products around. Our competition is crap.

Cons

Sr Management does not know how to grow the business so they cut the very people who create value. Too many layers of Management. We spend more time explaining what we are doing then doing it. Not enough resources to get a good job done. We are told to be more productive. I wish Sr Management would lead by example instead of telling us to be more productive.

Retire and let some inovated people lead us out of our mess.

reviews filtered by

A company being driven into the ground by management of the callcenters..

Former Employee - Product Support Level IV in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Product Support Level IV in Neenah, WI

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

The other employees that were working there.. Great people!!

Cons

The management at this center was absolutely ridiculous.. The higher up that manager that supervisors reported to acted like a cheerleader half the time.. The person did not know what was going on half the time along with other managers.. Managers would be offsite half the time so no way to contact them..

Take a look at this center.. The managers and supervisors really do not know what they are doing.. The software supervisor for Product Support Level 4 should not be there.. This person talks down on his employees and has been warned but they won't do anything about it.. He does not stick up for his employees and instead says one thing to them and goes behind their back and reports them to management.. The supervisors are on websites they shouldn't be, ordering stuff from ebay as they are suppose to be working

Excellent IT managers, but project managers lacked experience.

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Farmington, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Farmington, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Immediate IT manager/director was excellent. I enjoyed his leadership abilities in action. He believed in the walking around style of senior management. Paid well. Flexible hours. The technical challenges were interesting, if not challenging to achieve. I found it interesting to create the solutions.

Cons

Project manager didn't understand how to properly test software before releasing ( selling ) it to client. Client canceled their account worth $30 million annually due to lack of testing. Weekly assignments were assigned by project managers without any input from qualified developers. 1 day assignments would take 3 weeks. 2 week assignments would take 1 hour to complete. It was interesting just to see what figure was put down as to the estimated time to complete. We used to laugh a lot at the assignments. Laughter was common ( that was a real benefit actually ).

Hire or promote more competent project managers. Poor decisions can cost dearly.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes