Pitney Bowes

www.pb.com
  www.pb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Used to be a great place to work.....not so much anymore

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Great work to life balance. Great teams of professions to work with. Oppurtunity to learn and grow as a professional. Benefits cannot be beat. Pay is "okay" but benefits make up for it.

Cons

Unstable economy=corp. office laying off everyone and anyone who knows what they are doing. Scarey place to work these days. Raises are insulting at this company...more work with less pay.

To much upper management. Stop offshoring tasks to india and the phillipines. Our customers hate it and we are losing them. Start holding middle management accountable for horrrid performance.

606 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Current Employee - Field Technician in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Field Technician in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Great experience, offer good training, benefits are good, tuition assistance, good pay perks if you can get an on site gig, information about jobs and machines readily available, great website.

Cons

Management out of touch, held a meeting telling us we lost customers and we should take advantage of the tuition assistance program, very strong clique atmosphere,HR investigates but it still remains. very sad. I only have a few years left but new guys coming in don't have much of a future unless changes happen soon.

Telling how great we are doing and having 4 billion in debt lowered credit rating and 100,000 lost customers is not facing reality. You have to keep up morale, do it by having a plan for our future and showing us the future of the company.

Poor leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Good benefits, good vacation time when you have seniority

Cons

They've cut so much that the job is almost impossible and everyone is wondering which day will be your last. It's a very unhealthy environment to work in. I used to love my job and in a few short years I've grown to hate it and I don't know a single person that likes their job anymore. It's sad because it's a company I expected to work at for the next 10-15 years and it really pains me to be looking for another job.

The endless cutting has to stop. You have lost, and will continue to lose, knowledge that can't be regained with the tenure of people you've burned out and made to hate their jobs. You reward people with good performance by eliminating their jobs and telling them it wasn't a performance based decision. How does that make any sense? The company has such a rich history, but the future is so uncertain. The overall culture is that we're all on a sinking ship. I've gone from praying I didn't get a package to hoping I'm the next one let go with a package. Very very sad.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes