There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Great Company

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Troy, NY
Former Employee - Project Manager in Troy, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Great atmosphere and the people working there were excellent. I enjoyed how free thinking ideas were accepted and how the company will continue to grow no matter what.

Cons

Wasn't a big fan of the salary but there isn't really any cons with the company itself. It's doing very well.

Keep it up.

563 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Mature company heading toward the sunset -- enjoy it while it lasts

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Strong ethics, well-known brand heritage and international presence. Senior management makes efforts to communicate headlines on business performance and issues to the organization. Decent benefits (especially on-site healthcare) and attention to work-life balance.

Cons

Top-level senior management are entrenched, prohibiting mobility through the organization and opennness to new ideas. Most of the best management newcomers over the past few years have left or been replaced with overly seasoned replacements. Not enough professional development. Because core business is slowly contracting, cost-cutting continuously occurring (even pre credit crunch), to the point where morale is low (especially in IT and other areas that have been outsourced to outside firms). Not enough recruitment of young talent.

Management structure requires a real shakeup to introduce new ideas and slash bureaucracy. Recruit new talent from the outside and pay more attention to development within the ranks.

How a Market Leader Dies

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

The people who actual work there are the best around. There is a lot of work to do. Are cash flow is great. We have the best products around. Our competition is crap.

Cons

Sr Management does not know how to grow the business so they cut the very people who create value. Too many layers of Management. We spend more time explaining what we are doing then doing it. Not enough resources to get a good job done. We are told to be more productive. I wish Sr Management would lead by example instead of telling us to be more productive.

Retire and let some inovated people lead us out of our mess.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!