It's a job...

Pros

Pitney Bowes does have good benefits if you are family orientated.

Cons

Not enough recognition to the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

It is what you make of it....

Current Employee - Field Systems Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Systems Specialist

Pros

- Great healthcare benefits, 4% 401k matching, EAP program, Tuition Reimbursement up to $10K/yr, Legal insurance, life insurance, stock purchase at a discount....the list of benefits goes on. - Very flexible time off - Car reimbursement completely covers $350 car payment+gas+insurance. So I got to pick the car, they paid for it. (monthly reimbursement) If your smart, get a car with great gas mileage and a low monthly payment. You will actually make money off it! - I have the benefit of a good relationship with my sales person, so sales leads come easy for me. If you meet the criteria, you can get 1-2% of the $ value sold by sales. I netted over $2000 in extra cash last year. - As a field rep, you can sell supplies to customers, if you want. Its as simple as filling out and faxing a form in. I netted almost $1000 extra in $ last year from that program. - Company provided phone, laptop, shirts and whatever tools you may need to do your job. - There is a new scheduling system that they use. At first it was...well it was not good, lets just keep it at that. However! It has come pretty far in the last year. Basically, you focus on one customer at a time. If you have a good relationship with your Navigator (dispatcher) this helps in getting your day planned out.

Cons

Now the Cons... - I am listed as being paid above 100th percentile for my pay grade. So for the last 2 years I did not get a pay raise. I did however get a $1000 bonus each time instead. Better than nothing!? - The phones that we use to track our daily work suck. Period. That list is way to long to list. I'll leave it at this: I can get through my day, but the phone does not make me more productive. - 30% of your evaluation is based on a survey. >95% very satisfied is the mark they want you to hit. 1 bad survey and you will not be >95%. Bring your 'A' game every day!! -There is what I call the "flavor of the month" problem that management wants us to focus on. All eyes are on it. Next month rolls around, they switch to a different flavor and don't care anymore about last months flavor. - Very easy to pawn your work onto other co-workers...some people might like this in the Pros section above, I for one do not.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office. Get on a airplane. See first hand how the decisions you have made has changed this company from a "Welcome to the PB Family" company to a "here is your employee number, don't lose it" company. Also, get away from the 'yes' men, and go out in the field and ride with a service rep. Take a call with them. See how your polices, procedures and choice of dispatching software has taken a toll on our customers. Don't be fooled by the people you have surrounded yourself with, see everything first hand. You will be surprised by what you were told is happening and what is actually happening.

Much opportunity in past years

Pros

Fantastic employees who, when given the chance have created great and valuable ideas and products and services.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership. Ethically challenged CEO.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with people who can reinvigorate the remaining employee base while leading meaningful transformation.