Pitney Bowes

www.pb.com
  www.pb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

NOT A Career move - Great Resume Starter!

Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Looks awesome on your resume, great place to learn how to be a true outside sales hunter. Thats all you will do these days, since account base has gone to the birds. I had a great team till they all got laided off. Training was awesome in Peach Tree till they went to online classes which is too hard with all the knowledge need to be developed.

Cons

You will work all day!! Prospect all day and be stuck on OZ (CRM)all night doing busy work. Very hard to do when half of your territory is controlled by inside sales and people are getting smart and using the internet for postage, and mail houses for projects. This company is slow to adapt, and everytime a new "product solution" comes out to push, we are already behind the 8 ball. Its a house on fire, slowly losing market share over night!

Its time to get rid of the old foggies, the old boy's club in Stamford, and hirer some young blood with visions for new C and VPs. Copy the product and raise the price isnt cutting it anymore!

Reward "Tenure" with better base and attractive comp since you raise the quota and lower the comp every January!

The over head still killing the company!!

592 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Not good

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I left before things got bad and OZ wasn't implimented

Cons

PB is Big ship that turns slowly

Nothing

A total joke

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes (less than an year)

Pros

There is not a single pro I can think of

Cons

As a new employee I am completely dumbfounded by the lack of accountability on any level. PB is spiraling out of control and there is no plan to stop it. The stock has dropped 11 dollars in the 8 months I have been here and all stays the status quo...Outsourcing jobs to India and cutting the people doing the work are not going to change the fact that there is no plan for growth. Embarassing!

Get rid of top level and start a new. Bring IT back in house and have department leads accountable to goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes