Pitney Bowes

www.pb.com
  www.pb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Screamed at by insecure and inept supervisor

Former Employee - Hardware Support in Appleton, WI
Former Employee - Hardware Support in Appleton, WI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice coworkers working in call center. Many customers were fun to work with.

Cons

The supervisor will take you in her office and scream at you before she has all of the facts. Literally! She will ask you a question and when you try to answer she will cut you off by saying “but, but, but, but nothing” and you never get to answer the question or explain anything. She loves to humiliate employees in front of other coworkers. With holds earned raises by writing up people right before they should have gotten a raise and calling you to her office and telling you that you will not be getting the raise promised because "what good will that little raise do you anyway, I suggest you increase your sales if you need more money because you will never go anywhere in this company as long as I am here”. My sales were the highest in my group, by the way.
I have never met a more insecure and childish women in my life. Very much like a spoiled child on a play ground. If the supervisor likes you they all like you if she doesn't like you no one can. I have never been fired from any company and never even written up before, my job was always very important to me. After being at Pitney Bowes for awhile I was praying to be fired or laid off. I could not get out of that hell hole fast enough. I took a job 30 miles further away just to get out of there.

Take a good look at your management in Appleton. I have even had employment agencies ask me why no one wants to work there. Please notice that only the young guys get promoted into the higher paying jobs regardless of their stats.

604 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Good job

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, good location, good benefits - good management and good people to work for.

Cons

Nothing that I can really think of.

Not good

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I left before things got bad and OZ wasn't implimented

Cons

PB is Big ship that turns slowly

Nothing