There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Was good, but a ship that is sinking fast

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great peers in the field, some really nice customers.

Cons

Just horrible management, I met my manager just twice in the last year I was there. They have fired managers and restructured areas more times in the 5 years I was there. Managers came and went. Sales were a revolving door and they kept customers very angry.

reviews filtered by
  1. NOT A Career move - Great Resume Starter!

Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Looks awesome on your resume, great place to learn how to be a true outside sales hunter. Thats all you will do these days, since account base has gone to the birds. I had a great team till they all got laided off. Training was awesome in Peach Tree till they went to online classes which is too hard with all the knowledge need to be developed.

Cons

You will work all day!! Prospect all day and be stuck on OZ (CRM)all night doing busy work. Very hard to do when half of your territory is controlled by inside sales and people are getting smart and using the internet for postage, and mail houses for projects. This company is slow to adapt, and everytime a new "product solution" comes out to push, we are already behind the 8 ball. Its a house on fire, slowly losing market share over night!

Its time to get rid of the old foggies, the old boy's club in Stamford, and hirer some young blood with visions for new C and VPs. Copy the product and raise the price isnt cutting it anymore!

Reward "Tenure" with better base and attractive comp since you raise the quota and lower the comp every January!

The over head still killing the company!!

2. Good job

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, good location, good benefits - good management and good people to work for.

Cons

Nothing that I can really think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes