Pitney Bowes

www.pitneybowes.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

lots of business lines to explore

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. GOOD WORK culture
2. Prod environment
3. Diverse tech nologies

Cons

1. Needs unified Strategy for global focus , Saas

636 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

A lumbering dinosaur of a company.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A good potential for earning well above your basic salary and they have some really great people to work with.

Some very good products and training.

Cons

During my 10+ years with the DMT department of this company they went from viewing their technical staff as an important part of their business to being a necessary evil. The benefits for an Engineer working for Pitney Bowes used to be above average but have been gradually eroded away over the years to the point where I wonder why anyone with any talent would want to stay working there.

As I said in the pro's section, there is potential to earn good money at PB, the basic wages are below average but you are expected to work a lot of overtime and out-of-hours standby which can boost your income hugely. Unfortunately you don't have a lot of choice in the matter, long hours are expected and PB cares little for your health and work-life balance. Sure, you can go to management and HR with any issues regarding this if you want to go to the top of the list for the next round of redundancies.

Very poor communication between departments makes even the most basic task a challenge within PB. HR, payroll and fleet are notoriously bad for this, Simple tasks such as and trying to reclaim expenses or making even basic enquiries are a nightmare.
    The company is going through a lot of restructuring at the moment, hopefully this will clear the way for some much needed modernisation.

Pitney Bowes DMT have a very good product line but have all but ceased development now. The paper mail sector is slowly dying and worryingly PB don't seem to be trying to adapt or diversify away from it. If they do have a plan they certainly haven't communicated it to their staff, which makes for a very gloomy, demotivated workforce.

Instead of gutting the company to cut costs to provide shareholder value, pull your heads out of the sand and try to diversify away from the dying mail sector and exploit the talent you have (in a positive way please) to avoid extinction.

A valuable experience in every way.

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people. The environment. The attitude. Company values. The people here are an amazing and caring group of folks. And that is probably the biggest reason it is a pleasure to be working here. The training programs and exposure to new technology are also a great value.

Cons

Merit increases can be pretty thin. Bonus structure and/or profit sharing are non-existent for the vast majority of employees. Every company has it's problems, that's just a fact. PB doesn't have very many in my opinion. Are there things I would change? Of course, but overall I am still very happy here and gladly get up and go to work everyday. Being laid off is an almost constant fear and it seems as though your performance and dedication have little to do with job security here.

Let me be clear, I (and many of my co-workers) love this company and I am very dedicated to it. The problem for many of us is that it just doesn't seem as though the company feels the same for us as much as in the past.

They need to realize that some of the cheasy "rewards" and "partner discounts" don't nearly amount to as much as they think. You can usually get better deals just looking around on the internet. Some of them have some value, but not most. We would much rather have a little extra cash in our pockets, if nothing else, at least enough to cover increases in cost of living year over year. Some sort of holiday bonus would go a long way for morale also. We dedicate our lives primarily to this company and making it as successful as we can. I only wish I could say that I feel PB is as dedicated to me as I am to it...

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes