www.pb.com
  www.pb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Former Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Stamford, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong culture, great values

Cons

Lack of growth; core business struggling and new businesses are growing but at much smaller gross margin than traditional businesses

592 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Rewarding

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company has many growth opportunities for self development and career. Have been in many positions, some short term and some long term. Each position has helped broaden my knowledge of the company and assisted me to grow. There are always opportunities to strengthen your strengths and may resources and support to get to you where you want to do according to your development plan.

Cons

At times, i do believe we are a little behind in technology especially now with more companies going mobile. It seems other companies come out with products and then a few months or year later PB does.

I do feel that sometimes, we do roll projects or services out to soon to customers, especially when the front end hasn't been aware of the changes or had time to provide feedback. I do think that our senior leadership should ensure that all departments and business units are informed and aware. This reduces frustration on the agents, customers and management. THis is an ongoing struggle. I will say that over the past year, i think we have gotten a little better, but we have a ways to go on communication.

Ups, downs, and a never ending reorganization

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are dedicated to doing their best of whatever is asked of them. The technology used is near current and people are encouraged to speak up (mostly...). The work/life balance is stressed and the ability to telecommute is a bonus.

Cons

The company is currently in transition and is wandering aimlessly. There has been a near continuous reorganization for the last 3 years and it doesn't have signs of being complete anytime soon. Due to that the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing and a lot of work/projects are repetitive. The offices outside of world headquarters seem to be run haphazardly with some at zero or less than zero morale due to local management.

Lead. Don't waffle. Make definitive statements and execute on them. Trust your employees will execute your vision and don't micromanage situations (or force others to do that for you).

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes