There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Some really great people, some really bad systems in place

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

The divisions of the company I've experienced have bright, hard working people in them, and the benefits packages are decent to good.

Cons

A lot of red tape to get anything done. Legal approvals take forever, new ideas can be met with skepticism and some teams have carved out their place w/in the company and are not interested in growing or expanding.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Rewarding

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has many growth opportunities for self development and career. Have been in many positions, some short term and some long term. Each position has helped broaden my knowledge of the company and assisted me to grow. There are always opportunities to strengthen your strengths and may resources and support to get to you where you want to do according to your development plan.

Cons

At times, i do believe we are a little behind in technology especially now with more companies going mobile. It seems other companies come out with products and then a few months or year later PB does.

Advice to Management

I do feel that sometimes, we do roll projects or services out to soon to customers, especially when the front end hasn't been aware of the changes or had time to provide feedback. I do think that our senior leadership should ensure that all departments and business units are informed and aware. This reduces frustration on the agents, customers and management. THis is an ongoing struggle. I will say that over the past year, i think we have gotten a little better, but we have a ways to go on communication.

2. Good company overall. Not a good leadership group at local site. Wasn't fairly evaluated on work performance.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good big company to work for. Had a great training facility located in Peachtree City. Could have been a company to retire with.

Cons

Working at the local site, if you were not the brown noser you didn't stay. Back stabbing from the supervisor happened alot. If it wasn't his idea, it was incorrect. Not worried about how to keep the customer happy and getting the work out.