There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Heritage company..struggling to find growth

Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a family company, paid attention to employee satisfaction, provided training, lots of opportunities if you were willing to stick your neck out.

Cons

Too man new senior management, they are not getting to know existing employees, they just keep bringing new employees , HR is almost non existent. There is black cloud in the atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Your greatest asset are your employees, pay attention to them.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

1. Rewarding

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has many growth opportunities for self development and career. Have been in many positions, some short term and some long term. Each position has helped broaden my knowledge of the company and assisted me to grow. There are always opportunities to strengthen your strengths and may resources and support to get to you where you want to do according to your development plan.

Cons

At times, i do believe we are a little behind in technology especially now with more companies going mobile. It seems other companies come out with products and then a few months or year later PB does.

Advice to Management

I do feel that sometimes, we do roll projects or services out to soon to customers, especially when the front end hasn't been aware of the changes or had time to provide feedback. I do think that our senior leadership should ensure that all departments and business units are informed and aware. This reduces frustration on the agents, customers and management. THis is an ongoing struggle. I will say that over the past year, i think we have gotten a little better, but we have a ways to go on communication.

2. Boring old technology

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Shelton, CT
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Shelton, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the colleagues are nice are nice.

Cons

Old technology. The company is interested in a service that is on its way out, at least in the US: Mail. Everyone is bored working on aging products. Tedious work testing old products for third world countries.

Advice to Management

Design innovative and valuable products.