There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

It was a good company to work for, but now things are bad for low level employees.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Time-off and Vacation. Great opportunity to gain Customer Service skills. Its a good place to start but not to make a career out of.

Cons

Promotions are scarce. No recognition for low-level employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

What was is now lost...

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to work at home at times helps with flexibility. Co-workers are great people who really have a passion for what they do.

Cons

After thirteen years with PB, I am ready to get out as soon as possible. Five to thirteen years ago, I loved working for PB. There were cookouts at the local branch. Local management would reward you for a job well done. There were monthly meetings to express concerns. All of that is gone! I might see my manager one time a year. Since my review was done on the phone this year (with no pay raise), I probably won't see him alone. I feel isolated. My opinion means absolutely nothing. There is no communication. I have never met some new hires due to no reason to go to the local branch. I no longer see a future here in the company. The technology of our equipment is beyond old and not innovative. Honestly, I have no idea what we are doing as a company anymore, nor do I have any idea where we are going. I'm looking forward to the day when I can jump ship!

Advice to Management

Your peons have good ideas and you are not listening. When the sun, moon and earth align and you do listen, it is usually too late!

Complete lack of professionalism

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have decent products and have a strong parent company to support the investments needed to expand.

Cons

Complete lack of professionalism during the interview process displayed by Director and VP level managers. If a company asks you to take a day off from work to fly in for a day of interviews at their expense they should at least respond to follow up voice messages or emails. It is one thing to lie to your face when you ask if they have any reservations about moving forward, but you can’t take 30 seconds to respond to an email and say we won’t be moving forward. Instead the Director, VP and HR contact all go completely silent. I wonder do they treat their customers the same way?

Advice to Management

Interview training for management