Pitney Bowes
www.pb.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

only getting worse

PRESORTER (Current Employee)
Fridley, MN

ProsLocation is convenient. Some good co-workers still remain. Off street parking is provided. The water fountain works. I still have a "job"......

Cons....but the job still does NOT pay a living wage. The industry, service is shrinking. "Supervisors" permit "leads" to still favor their friends and relatives of friends. "Supervisors" allow "leads" to act as supervisor.

Starting 2014, hourly employees are being cut from 8 hours (which includes 30 minutes paid break time) to 7.5 hours maximum paid hours per day with 30 minutes of UNPAID break time. This assuming there is enough mail to process each day. But those who are salaried will have to "suffer" just as much if not more, as their pay is not being touched at all; Their misfortune is that their pay is being frozen. (I would bet certain bonuses will remain available.)

Overtime is frequently, literally 'last minute' notice; as in 5 to 10 minutes until punch out, then we are told there is mandatory OT the next day. We are threatened with everyone for mandatory OT when only 2 or 3 people are needed. This is their way of dealing with not having enough "volunteers". That certainly makes financial "sense". If people were paid a living wage and were allowed to keep their hours, to work a full week, perhaps then there would be less or no need to threaten people with mandatory OT.

Additionally, some people get tired of volunteering for OT on one day, then having their hours cut a few days later; cutting 8 hours OT down to 4. If similar cuts happen multiple times in the same pay period then so much for the "over time".

Vacation time approval frequently takes weeks to months.

Minuscule "raises" are STILL weeks to, more likely, months late then paid retroactively.

Advice to Senior Management"Leads" need management classes. "Leads" need English language fluency. "Leads" need to execute their functions professionally, consistently, based on logic, and without personal bias.

very good, educational and progressive

Sales Representative Manager (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: opportunity, career development, upward mobility for talented people stable and… Cons: somewhat impersonal due to size of company but that can be… Advice to Senior Management: communicate, lead and don't compromise on ethics and values… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good company that is not as nimble as the marketplace

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
    Danbury, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great salary and benefits. Work-life balance was exceptional. Ethical in their business dealings. Company managed cash flow… Cons: Slow to react to changing market conditions. Some of the leadership had… Advice to Senior Management: Pitney Bowes is a market leader in a shrinking industry. The question is where is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pitney Bowes.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach. All reviews posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees.