There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

only getting worse

Current Employee - PRESORTER in Fridley, MN
Current Employee - PRESORTER in Fridley, MN

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location is convenient. Some good co-workers still remain. Off street parking is provided. The water fountain works. I still have a "job"......

Cons

....but the job still does NOT pay a living wage. The industry, service is shrinking. "Supervisors" permit "leads" to still favor their friends and relatives of friends. "Supervisors" allow "leads" to act as supervisor.

Starting 2014, hourly employees are being cut from 8 hours (which includes 30 minutes paid break time) to 7.5 hours maximum paid hours per day with 30 minutes of UNPAID break time. This assuming there is enough mail to process each day. But those who are salaried will have to "suffer" just as much if not more, as their pay is not being touched at all; Their misfortune is that their pay is being frozen. (I would bet certain bonuses will remain available.)

Overtime is frequently, literally 'last minute' notice; as in 5 to 10 minutes until punch out, then we are told there is mandatory OT the next day. We are threatened with everyone for mandatory OT when only 2 or 3 people are needed. This is their way of dealing with not having enough "volunteers". That certainly makes financial "sense". If people were paid a living wage and were allowed to keep their hours, to work a full week, perhaps then there would be less or no need to threaten people with mandatory OT.

Additionally, some people get tired of volunteering for OT on one day, then having their hours cut a few days later; cutting 8 hours OT down to 4. If similar cuts happen multiple times in the same pay period then so much for the "over time".

Vacation time approval frequently takes weeks to months.

Minuscule "raises" are STILL weeks to, more likely, months late then paid retroactively.

"Leads" need management classes. "Leads" need English language fluency. "Leads" need to execute their functions professionally, consistently, based on logic, and without personal bias.

582 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Hard work, no money

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun people & work environment

Cons

No leadership or organization, completely fragmented, unrealistic expectations
    All over the map

Business growth slowing

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Worked out great for me. Saw business growth for 6 years and income level growth.

Cons

Business suddenly slowed, company doors closing and downsizing which impacted me tremendously. Especially in the Federal market which is slowing. We also didn't have any State Govt presence so I couldn't experience growth in that market either.

Focus on your State Govt business for growth and pay your sales staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes