Pitney Bowes

Former Contractor - Insurance Indexer in Stamford, CT
Former Contractor - Insurance Indexer in Stamford, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building and nice big offices.

Cons

They don't pay enough for the detail on this job that is needed.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

1. Long term employee working in Software Engineering

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance. Software's Senior Management really believes in removing impediments from its engineering groups. Solid benefits. Pay is good not great. Company values hiring within so they are many opportunities for upper or sideways movement.

Cons

It is large company so change takes longer than in a smaller company so one has to be a little bit patience. Occasionally there is a bit too much red tape, although that has been dimishing over time. The engineering groups are distributed all across the word. So on projects, team members are not necessarily co-located. It is less than ideal - but it does provide benefits such as global perspective that compensates for some of it.

Advice to Management

Please continue with making the company much more customer focused. I've seen very positive changes since the new CEO has come onboard and it will do us and our customers well.

2. Unfair workplace

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Ashland, VA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Ashland, VA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transportation supervisor was very fair to his workers. The work itself was not strenuous. I really enjoyed my position with this company.

Cons

No communication from corporate to employees. Unfair terminations. Wages below expectations. Corporate gave absolutely no incentives to employees.. Lunch room was 3 vending machines. You would think coffee would be available.

Advice to Management

COMMUUNICATE!!! Pay employees what they are worth. Practice fair and lawful workplace. Give at least one warning before termination and have the courage to speak one on one with employees. Stop hiding in the background.