Pitney Bowes

www.pb.com
  www.pb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Hard working, loss of focus

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY
Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is very good. There are some great people that propel them forward and some workers that really out their best foot forward.

Cons

Conversely, upper management makes many decisions that do not have the customer's best interest in mind. There are many decisions that are made based on the bottom line that affects customer support and satisfaction.

Poll your customer base before making decisions that are going adversely affect their support. Do not let the sales team dictate the future of the company. Sales is the backbone, but support and innovation is the bread and butter.

607 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Ok place to get experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will get a lot of experience with electro mechanical equipment. Worked there for many years

Cons

Was not able to move around and learn more sites and equipment. Once I excelled I was not allowed to leave that site. Was told by the DM we should be happy we have jobs

Let your people grow.

Once a great company, no longer able to maintain relevance

Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

I would say the best thing is their remaining employees on the front line. Tenured folks that have done a lot over the course of time for the organization and have maintained the company existence to even be any what relevant today.

Cons

They have no direction, mid to upper management are empty suits that are doing what they have to do for their own existence in the short term. Very much who you know company. For anyone trying to go into this organization as a new hire, I highly recommend running as fast as you can the other way. Unless you are one of the "Relationship" long termed employees, they don't put you in a position for success and will crumble you up and spit you out without any dignity. The core function of getting close to the customer isn't in any part of culture. The organization has everyone scared and is a miserable environment that doesn't allow for true creative ideas to grow again.

Learn some of the basics of today's environment and figure out innovation is the key to the organization. The fact that you haven't developed anything innovative out of your own resources should be a sign. If you took a minute to understand and empower thought, I believe that you will find that a lot of very intelligent people could offer some wonderful ideas to different topics. You haven't taken a minute to understand this and/or really understand much pass today.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes