There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Hard working, loss of focus

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY
Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is very good. There are some great people that propel them forward and some workers that really out their best foot forward.

Cons

Conversely, upper management makes many decisions that do not have the customer's best interest in mind. There are many decisions that are made based on the bottom line that affects customer support and satisfaction.

Poll your customer base before making decisions that are going adversely affect their support. Do not let the sales team dictate the future of the company. Sales is the backbone, but support and innovation is the bread and butter.

reviews filtered by
  1. Ok place to get experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will get a lot of experience with electro mechanical equipment. Worked there for many years

Cons

Was not able to move around and learn more sites and equipment. Once I excelled I was not allowed to leave that site. Was told by the DM we should be happy we have jobs

Let your people grow.

Pitney Bowes

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Name recognition, been around for a long time, market leader, huge territories if people are willing to work.

Cons

There's always a push to sell transactional business (postage meters) and complex solutions. They have reorganized their US Mailing operation multiple times over the last 2-3 years and nothing seems to stick.

Lower quotas. You keep building comp plans that are so unrecognizable that only the people that have loaded territories (if you really look at this and compare vs. those that don't have loaded territories, you will see this) can succeed. When 30% of your sales force or hitting target and you are the market leader, it's pretty obvious what is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes