Pitney Bowes

www.pitneybowes.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

Cut throat environment with horrible pay.

Current Employee - Senior Area Sales Executive in Shelton, CT
Current Employee - Senior Area Sales Executive in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Pitney Bowes was a great place to work when I first started (about 8 years ago). I was in charge of my own schedule, had great vacation time and great health benefits. The health benefits continued to be top notch up to this very day.

Cons

At PB you are literally just a number. You can be a star player one month then bottom of the barrel the next month and they will make you feel like crap. Management has their favorites and will only help them out. If they don't like you they will put you on a performance letter until you either quit or get fired. It is extremely cut throat. Everyone is out for themselves, including Upper Management. They use scare tactics like performance letters and daily meetings (In person AND over the phone) and will constantly ask you for a forecast. I was once asked to forecast my monthly number every 2 hours until the end of the month. They will also punish you if you are below your numbers. For example, you have to go back to the office at 4 PM even if your territory is 2 hours away. It never made sense to me. You are responsible for 50 face to face visits per week (national requirement) but only give you $0.12 per mile.
Upper Management wants Solution Sale Professional's but they aren't going to get anyone good with a base salary of 35K. I was above my goals one year and only made 40k. You can't expect a professional sales rep to make that. Especially with the weekly requirements which are 50 face to face visits, stop in's, 15 set appointments, 5 full field days, telemarketing in your car in between appointments only.

Hire Experienced Solution Sales reps at a hire pay scale. Focus more time on telemarketing. Stop using scare tactics. It literally just scares people away - it doesn't scare them into working harder. Hire an outside sales training company instead of using in house training- it clearly isn't working.

639 Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes (View Most Recent)

Pitney Bowes wants to be a player in the solutions world, however they do not have the resources available.

Former Employee - Solutions Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Solutions Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

You can receive a lot of development opportunity's with Pitney Bowes. There are many positions for growth

Cons

They are a company of the "same faces" so to speak. If you are on the corporate climb and you don't look like the leaders, you will never make more than $80k. The company is ramp-id with discrimination behaviors. These negative behaviors are supported and endorsed from the top down.

One day you will be found out, like other companies have been one day.

Great work environment, terrible pay

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros

The working environment is great - hours are very fair. All the employees are friendly and willing to communicate. Does not have a cut-throat environment

Cons

The pay is very average at best. There really isn't much opportunity for growth in terms of pay or position. Employees seem very content with their status.

Create more opportunities for growth, both, in terms of responsibilities and compensation. Create a desire for employees to advance more.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes