Pitney Bowes
www.pb.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Cut throat environment with horrible pay.

SENIOR AREA SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee)
Shelton, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

ProsPitney Bowes was a great place to work when I first started (about 8 years ago). I was in charge of my own schedule, had great vacation time and great health benefits. The health benefits continued to be top notch up to this very day.

ConsAt PB you are literally just a number. You can be a star player one month then bottom of the barrel the next month and they will make you feel like crap. Management has their favorites and will only help them out. If they don't like you they will put you on a performance letter until you either quit or get fired. It is extremely cut throat. Everyone is out for themselves, including Upper Management. They use scare tactics like performance letters and daily meetings (In person AND over the phone) and will constantly ask you for a forecast. I was once asked to forecast my monthly number every 2 hours until the end of the month. They will also punish you if you are below your numbers. For example, you have to go back to the office at 4 PM even if your territory is 2 hours away. It never made sense to me. You are responsible for 50 face to face visits per week (national requirement) but only give you $0.12 per mile.
Upper Management wants Solution Sale Professional's but they aren't going to get anyone good with a base salary of 35K. I was above my goals one year and only made 40k. You can't expect a professional sales rep to make that. Especially with the weekly requirements which are 50 face to face visits, stop in's, 15 set appointments, 5 full field days, telemarketing in your car in between appointments only.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Experienced Solution Sales reps at a hire pay scale. Focus more time on telemarketing. Stop using scare tactics. It literally just scares people away - it doesn't scare them into working harder. Hire an outside sales training company instead of using in house training- it clearly isn't working.

Great work environment, terrible pay

Pricing Analyst (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros: The working environment is great - hours are very fair. All the… Cons: The pay is very average at best. There really isn't much opportunity for… Advice to Senior Management: Create more opportunities for growth, both, in terms of responsibilities… More

NO room for growth,

Benefits (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

Pros: Great benefits, a great company to work for, they are always… Cons: No input. Senior management makeas all the decisions. Job is not… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the ideas of your employees. COntinue to praise… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pitney Bowes.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach. All reviews posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees.