Pivotal Payments

www.pivotalpayments.ca
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal Payments

OK

Current Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Saint John, NB (Canada)
Current Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Saint John, NB (Canada)

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great hours that are available with no weekend work

Cons

lack of bonus structure, overtime hrs minimal

Better use of the campaign calling lists

14 Other Employee Reviews for Pivotal Payments (View Most Recent)

Like a circus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Pivotal Payments

Pros

Frankly speaking the best reason to work here is the people. There are some who are lazy, uncommitted and less-than-intelligent, but most are genuinely fantastic people who are trying to cobble together a sense of unity amongst them. Unfortunately the pros end there.

Cons

The acumen of many managers and supervisors is dubious at best. There is little transparency about vertical movement, so you just hope that your tenure will bring promotions and recognition. Hope doesn't pay your bills though.

The company moves at a pace and rhythm which is too fast for its own good; it's akin to building an airplane in the sky. There's nothing wrong with ambition, charging through acquisitions and expansion offesr your labour infrastructure little time to adjust and become as proficient as possible. Right now they're too occupied with learning the next set of processes.

The above statements are admittedly from a subjective experience, I am half-certain that other people have had better opportunities there.

That being said, there is one fact that can't be debated in terms of relativity; wage. The non-managerial pay is diametrically lower than the average no matter what the title is. If you're applying for a job there, please tack on another 15-25% in your salary negotiations. Speaking of numbers speaking the truth, the turnover in most departments is high. Too high. That should speak volumes about employee satisfaction.

Two words: corporate culture. You have none. Too many employees are embittered and hopeless about their future. Social nights, RRSP contributions, rewards for hard workers, etc....they all go a long way. I'll leave with this quote from Richard Branson, someone who should know about running a business:

“Convention dictates that a company looks after its shareholders first, its customers next, and last of all worries about its employees. Virgin does the opposite. For us, our employees matter most. It just seems common sense to me that, if you start off with a happy well motivated workforce, you’re much more likely to have happy customers. And in due course the resulting profits will make your shareholders happy."

Sell service to new and existing clients, data entry, billing and chargebacks and excellent phone etiquette.

Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Customer Service in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Customer Service in Melville, NY

I worked at Pivotal Payments

Pros

Great work-life with Pivotal payments, I enjoyed working for this company.

Cons

I wish the time off policy was better.

none