Pivotal Payments

www.pivotalpayments.ca
  www.pivotalpayments.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal Payments

One of the worst jobs I've ever had.

Former Employee - Sales Support in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Sales Support in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Pivotal Payments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- clean office
- downtown location
- tim hortons in building
- friendly coworkers

Cons

- condescending supervisor who believes in micromanaging her subordinates to the T
- if you do not express profound passion in assisting extremely rude and uncivilized sales reps (who may yell and swear at you if an order is not on time or complete, even when its not your fault) then expect to be terminated without warning.
- eye strain from staring at 2 monitors for 8 hours straight. Expect to be questioned if you rest your eyes for a few seconds.
- if caught browsing the internet during downtime, supervisor will assign tasks to you which are beyond the scope of your job description.
- company is blatantly ripping off its customers and will purposefully overlook instances where a merchant is double charged.
- forget about making your after-work appointments on time. You'll be expected to work overtime for free otherwise if you leave exactly when your shift ends, you're "watching the clock".

Maybe its me, but to work effectively, I need some room to breathe. How about we try being a little less condescending and overbearing to individuals entirely new to the crooked merchant processing industry and give new hires adequate training to do well on the job.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Pivotal Payments (View Most Recent)

OK

Current Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Saint John, NB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Saint John, NB (Canada)

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours that are available with no weekend work

Cons

lack of bonus structure, overtime hrs minimal

Better use of the campaign calling lists

Like a circus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Pivotal Payments

Pros

Frankly speaking the best reason to work here is the people. There are some who are lazy, uncommitted and less-than-intelligent, but most are genuinely fantastic people who are trying to cobble together a sense of unity amongst them. Unfortunately the pros end there.

Cons

The acumen of many managers and supervisors is dubious at best. There is little transparency about vertical movement, so you just hope that your tenure will bring promotions and recognition. Hope doesn't pay your bills though.

The company moves at a pace and rhythm which is too fast for its own good; it's akin to building an airplane in the sky. There's nothing wrong with ambition, charging through acquisitions and expansion offesr your labour infrastructure little time to adjust and become as proficient as possible. Right now they're too occupied with learning the next set of processes.

The above statements are admittedly from a subjective experience, I am half-certain that other people have had better opportunities there.

That being said, there is one fact that can't be debated in terms of relativity; wage. The non-managerial pay is diametrically lower than the average no matter what the title is. If you're applying for a job there, please tack on another 15-25% in your salary negotiations. Speaking of numbers speaking the truth, the turnover in most departments is high. Too high. That should speak volumes about employee satisfaction.

Two words: corporate culture. You have none. Too many employees are embittered and hopeless about their future. Social nights, RRSP contributions, rewards for hard workers, etc....they all go a long way. I'll leave with this quote from Richard Branson, someone who should know about running a business:

“Convention dictates that a company looks after its shareholders first, its customers next, and last of all worries about its employees. Virgin does the opposite. For us, our employees matter most. It just seems common sense to me that, if you start off with a happy well motivated workforce, you’re much more likely to have happy customers. And in due course the resulting profits will make your shareholders happy."

There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal Payments