There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal

So far the experience has been very positive-I really enjoy it here at Pivotal

Current Employee - Staffing Team Member in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Staffing Team Member in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great team environment and everyone knows what is at stake here. I've had the opportunity to work on some very challenging and interesting projects. Looking back on my career this has to be the most exciting company I have been a part of. It has that fun and challenging start-up feel where you can make an immediate impact on the future of this co. If you have a strong work ethic and can embrace change this is a great place to work.

Cons

As in any start-up there are many changes and re-directions. If you can't adjust to a new and changing landscape this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to deliver a clear message about our value proposition and position the company for an IPO within the next 2 years.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome place to work. Tons of room to grow. Solid compensation plan/benefits/equity.

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of SUPER smart people who collaborate really well regardless of geo, title and function in the organization. We are creating the foundation for future growth. Make it happen attitude! Pre-IPO equity backed by EMC, VMware and GE.

Cons

401k match is weak but the rest of the benefits and equity make up for it. Controlled chaos at times but to be expected at a start-up.

Advice to Management

Keep executing! Keep your open door policy at all levels (that's not lip service).

Best job I ever had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The energy at Pivotal is contagious! People really believe in what we are trying to accomplish. The team is dedicated and open. The leadership is open to new ideas and will listen. I feel like I am making an impact everyday.

Cons

We are moving so quickly and there is a lots of change. It is all necessarily but it can get tiring.

Advice to Management

Since we are moving so quickly and want to implement so much in such a short period of time it is important that we prioritize. We can't accomplish everything we want immediately.